Wanted: Drivers side front seat mount

ol_skl_jp

hey everyone

Whilst i was doing some work on the car a came across this, on my front seat mount (pics). Explains the constant squeaking while driving.

Anyway its not urgent but the seat does have some movement compared to the passenger side. If anyone is parting out a 240 or has a seating mount spare please let me know, interested at right price, and since im new to the Z scene i dont know what that is :D. Its for a 72' 240

Thanks guys :)

post-797-144023483398_thumb.jpg

post-797-144023483411_thumb.jpg

post-797-144023483423_thumb.jpg

post-797-144023483434_thumb.jpg

Sach, that split about 6 months ago and i welded it up because the seat was moving and squeaking.

If its doing it again you should probably go and get it welded as it fixed it last time.

Unfortunately I couldn't weld it too well as I cbf'd taking out the seat to do so.

I don't think its the rail thats the problem, looks to be the section that is spot welded into the floor....

The easiest fix, rather than replacing the whole mount piece, would be to get a piece of 3mm strap in the right width and put it underneath, drill a bunch of holes through the mount into the piece of strap and weld the two together (fill the holes you drilled up with weld to make a kind of spotweld).  Should strengthen it enough to stop it happening again, especially if you make sure the strap goes to the formed groove in the mount either side of where it is broken

It won't break again if you weld it properly with the seat off.

I did a temp fix trying not to burn the seat, that I thought was enough to hold it, apparently not.

Pull the seat and weld it up, perhaps weld another sheet underneath and drill through it where the seat bolts through.