Sign in to follow this  
Glen

Wrecking 280zx 1982 gold/bronze

Hi guys, we went a picked her up, took off the wheels, motor and gearbox and now the rest of the car has to go. All the electrics work as we tested them. An offer can be made on the whole car or you can buy bits and pieces if you wish. There was a lot of rust in her aswell but there is still plenty of goodies left on this car aswell.

here is the link off the add it has a picture http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2146.0.html

call mik on 0412532038

cheers

glen

my friend mik, he doesnt have the internet so im helping him out. You will meet him on the phillip island drive. I left his number so he can do all the dealings :) He took the wheels and gearbox and i got the ceased motor. The rest has to go so if your after something ring up and make an offer. The car is in S.E. suburbs

this is a great opportunity for some one that wants to go EFI, every will be sold from the injectors to the ecu, loom, fuel rail, everything you need. make an offer :) you cant have the elec dizzy or coil though. thats going on my car :)

moonstonebluez: if you are taking the dizzy and coil make sure that either your current tacho is -ve from the coil fed , or take his tacho and put it in the housing of the 260 if you are allowed. I know cos I have a 77 tach that doesnt work with the 280zx dizzy and coil. I either drive around with my multi-meter zip tied to the tacho surrounding  ;D or convert the tacho/Autometer. Anyway really important to make sure that your tacho is compatible and if you can take the 280's then do it.

The wiring mod to make sure your early tacho works with the electronic dizzy is not difficult. If you search around on the forums the wiring diagram is pretty easy to find. I don't have it here at home and I won't be in the office for a week so, so can't help at the moment.

PZG302 : Yeh i have 4 wiring diagrams from

1. atlanticzca

2. Datsunzgarage

3. hybridz.org

and zhome.com

As well as a sparky friend. Got the pulse going up to the tacho connector under the dash  ( measured with multimeter and it works ) but the tacho just doesnt. Got it working with a ballast resistor + gt 40r oil filled coil. but not with the ceramic one - ballast resistor.

Dont want to thread-hijack sooooo moonstonebluz : get the TACHO SON !

ok thanks for the heads up. My fuel gauge has gone all funny, started reading opposite to what is in the tank. more fun.