46 replies to this topic

#41 CBR Jeff

CBR Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Tagline:Often lost

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

And people not being able to or not bothering to use the search function or Dr Google gets up my nose..............
Jeff
  • andyk_79 likes this

#42 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

I don't think I'm too far off the mark with my pricing and I do have a bit of room to move for the right vehicle. That said I have owned project 240zs in the past so I do have an idea of what they're worth which is why I wasn't willing to pay 10k for the one recently listed on gumtree on the Gold Coast. Good on the seller for achieving such a good price though.

Exactly what people here are saying, you're not willing to pay that price based on previous experience some years ago, yet it sold quickly because someone else was prepared to jump in. And so the cycle of looking for a car or project at yesterday's value continues endlessly while prices steadily creep ever upwards due to the rules of supply and demand.

It's 2016, not 2006.

Edited by gilltech, 22 July 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#43 zedfan86

zedfan86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

Exactly what people here are saying, you're not willing to pay that price based on previous experience some years ago, yet it sold quickly because someone else was prepared to jump in. And so the cycle of looking for a car or project at yesterday's value continues endlessly while prices steadily creep ever upwards due to the rules of supply and demand.

It's 2016, not 2006.

You're entitled to your opinion. Obviously being current zed owners some of you will want to see the highest prices possible for your investment. And yes I am aware of the year, thank you.

#44 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

Obviously being current zed owners some of you will want to see the highest prices possible for your investment.

That's only true if one wishes to sell & quit out of Zed ownership entirely with the possibility of not being able to buy in again later. No I don't want Zed prices to keep climbing as it means I can't now afford a tidy second one as I had originally hoped as my earnings haven't kept up, plus prices for parts are getting pushed higher & higher too.

The reason I compare 2016 to 2006 is because I reckon Zed prices increased about 50% from 2006 to 2011 then almost doubled in the next five years, the 2009-2012 GFC slump in classic car prices didn't seem to make much impact on Zed values IMO.

But good luck with your search, & be prepared to move fast.

Edited by gilltech, 22 July 2016 - 08:27 PM.

• Mgdatsun likes this

#45 blu260z

blu260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

I think this has gone past the point of being a wanted add now!!
  • gav240z likes this

#46 Cliff

Cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Tagline:Donuts!!

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

Meh!  Not sure how to feel about this one - I sort of understand everyone's frustration, however, placing a wanted add on this site is how I purchased my 2.  I don't even remember what I wrote on my add, but I do know it was probably lacking detail (that is just me).  I am a 240 guy and only follow classifieds for them and am often surprised at prices they sell for.  Sometimes I am surprised at how expensive, but sometimes the opposite is true.

One thing I can say is that I was amazed at how many messages I got from members when I placed my wanted add.  To be fair and honest, a couple of the members that contacted me would still have their Z'ed for sale as the $$$ they wanted amused me.
  Just wish I could find my wanted add now ;)

#47 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

Then I end up reading it and we get to here! Hahah I really don't care that much at all, I just find the premise of the post annoying. Dat2Kman and 260DET are too well behaved these days, someone has to create a bit of a ruckus.

I've given up.
Playing with big sailing boats now,,,,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users