Sorry if this is out of order but I'm forced to sell my project 260Z and I have no idea what to ask for it. I don't want to rip myself off but I also want to be realistic with the selling price so it actually sells.
I don't have any pictures yet but will try to update this thread with some pics over the weekend however it's basically as follows:
1977 260Z 2+2
Factory AC car
We purchased the car from a chap in Sydney a few years back now. Currently it is sitting in the shed after having the following work done to it (most of which was done by the previous owner):
- New 2K paint job some 8 years ago now. All rust removed at the time and painted factory white in 2K. Now there are no bubbles in this paint but some imperfections are starting to show. nothing major just minor stuff caused by age I guess. Receipt for over $8000 spent on this.
- Fully rebuilt engine (original motor) that has been blue printed and balanced. Incl new clutch also balanced. This work was done by some hotshot Sydney Nissan guru according to the chap we got it from however there are no receipts for the motor. It is obvious that it has been fully stripped and rebuilt.
- Original bumpers have been rolled and rechromed
- Comes with original Hitachi carbs
- Also has a set of rebuilt Su's or CD Strombergs (I can't remember).
- Has original alloy rims, original air cleaner etc
- Plus heaps more like extractors, new engine mounts, new plugs, belts, hoses etc
Interior is in pretty good and original condition although needs carpet and a general tidy up. Includes spare centre console.
Overall it's a very original car that needs to be reassembled and finished off. We have installed the motor and gearbox but no driveshaft as yet. Put another genuine new rear main seal in the motor before fitting just in case as the motor was rebuilt a few years back now and just been sitting there
I know without pictures it's hard to say but what do the gurus think is a fair price for the thing?
Thanks in advance