1974 Datsun 260Z For Sale

jimmy26

I think it is a fair price and i pretty sure it will sell. It may take longer to sell but 2 seat versions are in high demand.

I think it's a bit steep considering you could have picked this up for ~18-19K around christmas time

http://www.wazregister.com/index.php?postid=166

I think it's a bit steep considering you could have picked this up for ~18-19K around christmas time

http://www.wazregister.com/index.php?postid=166

That would have been a great purchase.

Last year there were a few bargains i missed.

In recent times it seems that all 2 seat cars are in very high demand. I went to have a look at a few and all have been bog filled with accident history with terrible workmanship - all of them sold for more that $6000

If the advertised car is honest and not riddled with rust i think that $12,500.00 is reasonable. 

I paid a bit more for mine but it needed allot mechanical and interior restoration work however there was very little rust - it is a bit of unicorn to find one with minimum rust but worth the extra money.

Yep Iceberg, you've hit it on the head,     "if the advertised car is honest and not riddled with rust ",      the drivers floorpan is rusty in the pics you can see daylight through it !! have a look at the underbonnet pics, this would have to be one of the most dishonest and un original cars you can find, never mind the shitty looking panels on the outside, minimum $12k to $15k to tidy up if you do it yourself, plus the $12.5K asking price  ( if this is actually what it is  ?), and we have a car that owes you $27500 at a minimum, probably a lot more if you have to pay someone to do the work !!  Seems way to dear to me !!   But the crazy part is someone will pay the money and buy it, but if they do then good luck to them and the seller, Hey just my opinion !!

Besides being a requirement to place a FREE ad here, it's just common sense to name the price and give as much honest info as possible. That helps the seller (fewer tyre kickers, time wasters and dreamers) and potential buyers.

Nothing it for me to nominate Gav as Administrator of the Year, a lot of forums are run by dickheads with more ego than talent but not this one. As a bonus here is a happy video.

Edited by 260DET

At the end of the day it's worth what someone will pay for it!! The over arching point is that this is not an auction site. If you post items here you should know what it's worth to you, what you expect to get for it and place a price on it. Some will think it's high some will think it's low but it's your asking price.

If you don't know what $ you want or just have no idea what it's valued at use an auction site.

Simple

Jeff

Yep Iceberg, you've hit it on the head,     "if the advertised car is honest and not riddled with rust ",      the drivers floorpan is rusty in the pics you can see daylight through it !! have a look at the underbonnet pics, this would have to be one of the most dishonest and un original cars you can find, never mind the shitty looking panels on the outside, minimum $12k to $15k to tidy up if you do it yourself, plus the $12.5K asking price  ( if this is actually what it is  ?), and we have a car that owes you $27500 at a minimum, probably a lot more if you have to pay someone to do the work !!  Seems way to dear to me !!   But the crazy part is someone will pay the money and buy it, but if they do then good luck to them and the seller, Hey just my opinion !!

A lot of this hinges on what the buyer wants though. Do they want a car to drive, and the restoration process is something to outsource and get through as quickly as possible ? Do they want something to tinker away with in the shed for a few years ? I'm in the latter camp, around $1K would be enough to have the bodywork of the car in question fully and properly restored and sporting a shiny coat of paint. Not counting my labour, of course.

So, for me, saving money by buying a cheaper car requiring more work is not only more economically feasible but provides me with years of entertainment !

Pretty much as Jeff says, if a buyer and seller can agree on a price, then that is the "correct" value.

Well I haven't sold anything yet, but everyone seems to friendly and want to help. Another member is looking into my original block for me. But, I think everyone was helpful, gav put your ad up. He didn't need too. I sms and posted the price. And mentioned it was a 2 seater. Instead of the rant about not being helped out. You could of put more information about car. And if you look at first 2 posts I think you'll see people trying to help

Edited by chardtye

I have been around the zed community for awhile now and to be honest I trust some people I have met on here more than some people I actually have met in person and the amount of help on this page has been huge. 

I would just like to point out one thing though, You will notice most people refer to this as a "community" which is correct because honestly the people here look out for each other and we all interact in one way or another. Now looking at your post count and such it would appear you have only come here to sell something within our community which is a product that yes we all would be happy to own. You had an ad with not a lot of information listed in and when "Sheriff Gav" approached you requesting you let the fine folks of this community know how much you were charging for your wares you started getting all defensive and such. There may or may not have been a request for help behind closed doors (we can't see that) but help was already offered publicly anyway which should have been enough.

People have already been put on edge due to the initial lack of information and reports from another respected member passing on information that just doesn't add up for someone looking at selling a product that is being honest with everything so when you started getting defensive or attacking the one person that has put more into this community than anybody else the people are going to stand against you. Sometimes its better to bite your tongue, process the information given to you and if that still isn't enough publicly ask for more help or list what you want to do (e.g. I am looking at adding a price of $12,500 to my post, can anybody help me do that) so that way even if you can't edit your original post your information is still available to potential buyers to see.

Anyway, No room for another car here anyway and not in the market for another zed at the moment but good luck with your sale.

Edited by Triptych

• Moderators

A most interesting read, I will chime in with a few comments drawn from my experience interacting with folks on this forum.

Gav is not the bully prick of the forum - we all know who is ;)

I have been amazed at the level of support, advice etc that is available if you are polite and respectful.

You get of this comunity what you out in, similar to life

Edited by PB260Z

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's a 2+2 bashing, I think it was due to its price. I have a 2+2 and I love it. Yes I will buy a 2 seater at some stage only because of weight difference, and for my next build that's what will be important. To tell you the truth I have back seat folded down 95% of time and 95% can't tell the difference

I'm disappointed by all the 2+2 bashing. We all know when you need to haul a threesome you need a 2+

Truth is I couldn't afford a coup 10 years ago, certainly cant' now :).

But the back seats are only big enough for circus midgets and lap dogs. What sort of a threesome do you haul? >:D

P.S. Also own a 2+2 and not because I couldn't afford a 2 but because I was looking for an RX7 when I found my 2+2 and I've owned it ever since. I've had it longer than I've known my wife. I keep telling her push comes to shove I know what one will leave first.

Yes it would be the car but hey sometimes you just have to do some hollow threats. Make yourself feel big, :o

• 3 months later...