Sign in to follow this  
Triptych

Turbo Manifold And Cam Identification Help

Hey guys,

I have been trying to sort out my parts for my build and as I have collected a lot of stuff over the years I am having some trouble identifying a couple of things. 

Firstly is this turbo manifold. It was with my L28 when I purchased it (not on the engine) and I did a rough mock up to see if it would fit today but seems to be a few mm short on the end lugs (I am pretty sure middle ones line up just either end) and I did notice a lot of the US manifolds are actually sliced right through the last holes on either side giving side to side movement where as this is just a hole for the stud. When I purchased my engine it was a bunch of parts already torn down and such and a lot of spares as well.

th_5CE03148-FC76-4B35-ADAD-7328450B2D07.th_19D58331-5C3A-4358-B23E-1322EB7CD357.th_D7108DC1-F98E-4054-B0B5-AEB8C72DC47C.

Secondly is this cam. Now I have seen in USA that turbo cams in the p90 are similar with holes drilled throughout the cam with no spray bar but there is a spray bar attached to this one as well. It was also located in a box with all my engine parts. Basically also need to know if its safe to run without the spray bar.

th_690F350D-9D8F-4C31-949D-37D8668E714D.th_3793CCF1-ECD7-4A09-BB37-CFBE7A5C07F1.th_52BAC0E8-C80E-446C-B496-13200B438B44.th_3C6082D3-0107-40BD-A801-88C1E7E140CB.

Basically I will be updating my sale post with a few more items for todays clean up but need to know if I can make this turbo manifold and cam work for my L28 turbo build (P90/F54).

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I have a spare P90 Turbo cam, if you are after one!

Check the height/widths of the port entries into that manifold, i have a stock cast iron L28E mani that came off a P90, i can measure for you.

The L20ET turbo heads do have slightly smaller exhaust ports, compared to a P90 exhaust ports.

If it is, you could always match the ports to a int/exh gasket

( yes, Got a decent die grinder here, can do that foryou,,,)

Cheers for that Jason. I have sent you a PM. Is it right for me to be having the issues with the turbo manifold not seeming to fit with the exhaust studs (the hole in the manifold seem a few mm short so would need enlongating)?

Also forgot to say thanks as well Pauly for the information. Hopefully with some help from Jason I can get this manifold to work and will have the stock L28 cam for sale.