VintageNissanEnthusiast

Moving An Engine

Hi everyone. 

This weekend the previous owner of my car should be bringing down the old L24 on the back of a ute/ trailer. Is there a way to transfer it between utes/ trailers (as not coming directly to my area) without an engine crane?

Thanks 

If the two utes / trailers are close in height, parking them back to back or side by side and sliding it across a few planks / thick ply / etc works OK (especially if its going from higher to lower).

A hand winch (tirfor, etc) can also help.

Had a bit of experience moving heavy stuff like lathes, engines in similar situations.

I agree with Dave, sliding from one to the other is the easist.

Maybe take some car ramps or similar to assist in getting the two platforms closer to level.

That is assuming someone can't lend you an engine crane for a few hours ?

If you line up the two trailers should be easy to move. Years ago when SSS dropped off my RB20 I asked if they wanted my old L24. The guy said yeah, help we lift it into the ute. I thought he was joking but we took an end each and lifted it in. It was crazy heavy, but we did it. I'm in no way recommending that though.

If you have a floor trolley/creeper they are great for jobs like engine blocks. There low down so easy to drag heavy stuff onto.

But also think rocking it along some timber would be easy enough.