45 replies to this topic

#41 CBR Jeff

CBR Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Tagline:Often lost

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:02 PM

I put the new transmission in today and got to take the car for a nice drive. It's great having a box that stays in 5th and not having to hold it in reverse r
eally helps.
Best part was doing it all myself - first time pulling/installing a box before.
Headlights are still a fail Jeff. I rewired to earth both sides off the relays earth - no dice.
I only get around half the voltage on the passenger side light into the relay, so it's getting kinda frustrating now. Need to get in and fix it though, need to re-register it in Tasmania.

Great work Scott. It is a great feeling to fix, repair or make things yourself. Stick with the lights. I'm sure it won't be anything to dificult to fix once you have worked it out. From your discription it sounds like the voltage drop is on the + side.

Jeff

#42 ScottyB

ScottyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:55 AM

Cheers Jeff - 99% fixed the headlights, which now feature both headlights and one high beam. I am quietly confident that the globe I didn't replace is the issue.

Took the old girl for a spirited fun drive through the mountains on Sunday. She was perfect, but I noticed an unburnt fuel smell.

Got home and it wasnt obvious straight away, but found that fuel had come out of the filler and run down the rear quarter panel. My guess is there's no baffles in tank?

#43 CBR Jeff

CBR Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Tagline:Often lost

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:01 AM

Cheers Jeff - 99% fixed the headlights, which now feature both headlights and one high beam. I am quietly confident that the globe I didn't replace is the issue.
Took the old girl for a spirited fun drive through the mountains on Sunday. She was perfect, but I noticed an unburnt fuel smell.
Got home and it wasnt obvious straight away, but found that fuel had come out of the filler and run down the rear quarter panel. My guess is there's no baffles in tank?

You are just to spirited with your driving :-)
There is a baffle across the tank, if it's a standard tank.
Jeff

#44 red76z

red76z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:19 PM

I had the same issue the other week out at the track. I am guessing a better cap oring washer should fix this problem. Or just half fill the tankB-)
  • ScottyB likes this

#45 ScottyB

ScottyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

all gauges, clock and even the OEM radio works

• gav240z likes this

#46 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

all gauges, clock and even the OEM radio works

Sounds like a winning trifecta to me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users