#21 Cozza

Cozza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Tagline:Datsun obsessed

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

Great work.
I have to stick up the hood lining in the daily. What adhesive did you use and where do you find it?
Thanks

#22 HomeBuiltByJeff

HomeBuiltByJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

Looking really good. Moving quickly, well done.

J3

#23 Mark B

Mark B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Tagline:Old enough to know better !!

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

Great work.
I have to stick up the hood lining in the daily. What adhesive did you use and where do you find it?
Thanks

Selleys contact, got it from bunnings, just brushed it on, let it get tacky for 20 mins, then stick it up !!             Regards MB

Attached Thumbnails

• Selleys contact.JPG

#24 Cozza

Cozza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Tagline:Datsun obsessed

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

Selleys contact, got it from bunnings, just brushed it on, let it get tacky for 20 mins, then stick it up !! Regards MB

Awesome. Another excuse to head to Bunnings!!
  • andyk_79 likes this

#25 Mark B

Mark B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

Well, work is progressing, hoping to have this car ready for " Datsun Day " in Adelaide on the 23rd of October. Most of the exterior is now done, although the paint will need to be wet rubbed and polished to get some of the shit out of the paint, and to rub a couple of runs out. The new front corner indicators arrived from Thailand so they can be fitted, and I need to get my auto sparky son around to get all the lights working, the plugs are all butchered and the loom is looking at bit crap at the end, so he will tidy it all up and put some new connectors on, then should all be good.

Next in line is to fit the rear inside plastic trims and some new vinyl strut/ wheelhouse covers I had made locally, fit the new carpet kit I got from Rob at the Z Factory in Melbourne, refit the Console I repaired all those months ago and then hopefully get it running properly. Still haven't ordered the seat covers, was thinking about going Leather out of the states, will be about $150 more than vinyl, but leather always looks and smells good !!  Once it is going I still have to do some basic maintenance, as it hasn't been on the road since 1997, so I think I will need to change all the fluids, I know it need new brake pads on the front and a disc machine, and I reckon the way it sounds it will need plug leads , points etc and a tappet adjustment !!  But starting to get a little bit excited now !! 

One this one is done I will give myself a short break , and then get stuck into #227 which can be seen in the background, on a quiet night whilst working in the shed, if you listen really carefully you can hear it rusting !!  A few pics attached to show state of play,

Regards Mark B

Attached Thumbnails

• RHF nearly done.JPG
  • Rear 2.JPG
  • Rear 1.JPG
  • Grille.JPG

• gav240z, CBR Jeff and AndBir like this

#26 CBR Jeff

CBR Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Tagline:Often lost

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:21 PM

I hope #227 is not too noisy!!! Would be a shame if it a cacophony.

Jeff

#27 jeff43

jeff43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Tagline:Go really fast, if something gets in your way turn!

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

Looking good Mark. I would love to see this car at Adelaide Datsun day, however due to piss poor planning on my behalf on will be returning late that day from the Gold coast with the family so will have to miss it.

Cheers Jeff

#28 Mark B

Mark B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

Looking good Mark. I would love to see this car at Adelaide Datsun day, however due to piss poor planning on my behalf on will be returning late that day from the Gold coast with the family so will have to miss it.

Cheers Jeff

Thanks  for the kind words Jeff, hopefully I will make it there !!  looks better in the pics than in the metal, and because it is all my work I know where the faults are !! I have to keep telling myself it is a 40 year old car, and it will still look pretty good to the untrained eye !!  Maybe next year you can have your car there, and if I am lucky I will try to get #227 there as well !!     Cheers Mark B

#29 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:24 PM

Nice to see another Mark here, way too many Dimitri's here for a while there. Just thought i would mention what i did with the roof lining. Clark Rubber sell Acoustic Foam. Although it is slightly thicker it still fits. I grabbed a piece 1/2 a lineal meter and same of new vinyl. Good part is with the Acoustic foam is it has a backing that is (you guessed it) Adhesive.

So you can gut the template with the vinyl, lay it on the acoustic foam with the old Kwik Grip (mum always called it kiwi grip) on both sides which leaves the mess outside the Zed cabin (it's a small space to work in so take out the seats). Then mark the centre with chalk Mark and centre of the roof. Peel backing off and fit it up with a plastic plastic trowel on the ends. Just another way of doing it and fresh vinyl is awesome.

#30 Mark B

Mark B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

Took it down for a police ID inspection today so I can get it registered, first time on the road in over twenty years !!  and now the mechanical faults can be seen !!  Runs a bit off, but not surprising afetr sitting for all that time, I reckon a set of leads, plugs, cap, rotor etc will get some improvement happening, plus a bit smokey, but some fresh oil and filter may improve that and I am betting that the valve stem seals are stuffed after sitting for so long, so some more work to do next week. 

Biggest issue is slipping clutch and weak second gear synchro, so the clutch I will do straight away and the gearbox I will just put back in and do the synchro another day as I really only bought this to do the odd run with the local car club here in Port Lincoln, si it will be ok for that for a little while, a quick question, 76 260z gearbox 2nd gear synchro, is this one of the ones that is hard to get or easy to get ??

The carpets all came out good, got a set from Rob at the Z factory, put my own insulation on the back, and waiting for a set of leather seat trims from Rev Z, so once they arrive it should be all good. As long as I have no major issues it will be at Datsun Day in Adelaide next weekend, so looking forward to meeting some of the SA members from here who will be there.

Attached Thumbnails

• 260z after police inspection 003.JPG
  • 260z after police inspection 002.JPG
  • 260z after police inspection 001.JPG

• mother240 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users