Supercheap Auto Chassis Stands - Product Recall

PB260Z

• Moderators

Hi

Just in case any of you have Supercheap Auto 1200kg Chassis Stands they are subject to safety recall.

Full details are on the following website.

https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1085999

post-102365-0-41569100-1461759501_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PB260Z

• Moderators

What really gets me is that they have been available for 7 years, and only now is it announced that they don't comply. Shouldn't they have been checked went first offered for sale ?

Edited by PB260Z

worse than that, this is not the first product from supercheap that has been recalled like this.
They have had several other types of axle stands and floor jacks recalled for various saftey reasons over the years, however they continue to keep buying low quality garbage from china and bringing it into the country.
The recalls generally only come about after a failure and subsequent investigation.

• Administrators

Luckily I bought Aldi ones, that should be fine ;)

LOL....

I'm so sick of Cheap Chinese gear, parts, tools, you name it, buy cheap buy twice.

• Moderators

LOL....

I'm so sick of Cheap Chinese gear, parts, tools, you name it, buy cheap buy twice.

I gave up buying cheap tools & equipment quite a few years back, got sick of things failing on me

Edited by PB260Z

I have these stands, used them for years and have my race car on them right now. Would be interesting to hear why they dont comply with the Australian standard. All their new stands have two pins in them could be something as simple as that. Maybe someone used the in a silly manor and common sense didn't prevail. I have nothing but good things to say generally about my chinese tools and their low price enables me to have a variety that i couldnt afford in name brands...