Sign in to follow this  
PeterAllen

Seat Runner Adjustment?

I'm just re-covering the seats (a drama in itself) and noticed the seat runner adjustment on the passenger seat doesn't allow full use of the setting notches in the runner. I appears that it could, in theory. go back a further 3 notches but it seem to be coming up against a stop in the internals. I've not removed the driver's seat as yet to compare..

I must admit I thought there was plenty of travel when the seat was installed so I wonder if anyone has a seat out of their car can check whether the runners move so as to engage all the notches to determine if mine needs repair. Thanks.

post-100401-0-27805000-1461728185_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeterAllen

Hello Peter,

I am guilty of having my driver's seat out of the car at the moment, so I dragged it out of the shed. The seat will adjust to the end notches of the track in both directions.

post-101663-0-45086000-1461737255_thumb.jpg

Edited by GongZ

Howdy Peter and ditto from me....driver's side has full travel and passenger's is limited about three notches short... maybe short is the reason.....passengers not being able to put their feet on the firewall.

I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I can see what they have done.

Thanks chaps.

Full travel on the driver's runner and three short on the passenger's match what I have. There is a distinctive dimple in the mechanism which acts as a stop on the passenger runner.

By coincidence just the other day I took a vertically challenged passenger for a ride and she complained (a women - what's new) that her feet couldn't touch the firewall. I must say it's an issue I've never heard raised before nor given any thought to.

Can't for the life of me get the seat back coverings to stretch enough to fit. Got an extra pair of hands coming tomorrow to try again.

(edit) Sorry Peter I was two finger typing and missed you post above - yes, exact matching data. 

post-100401-0-62199500-1461741897_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeterAllen

" she complained ... that her feet couldn't touch the firewall "

That's probably why there was that footrest thing available, was it a dealer option?

" she complained ... that her feet couldn't touch the firewall "That's probably why there was that footrest thing available, was it a dealer option?

It was a dealer option made by Amco.

It was a dealer option made by Amco.

Wow, I always thought they were factory fit.

Wow, I always thought they were factory fit.

https://www.whiteheadperformance.com/?product=nissan-oem-jdm-euro-passenger-foot-rest-bar-datsun-240z-260z-280z

"This foot bar was standard equipment on Fairlady Z432 and 240ZG cars, and optional for the other Japanese S30 Fairlady Z cars.  In Europe, it was also found on all Datsun 240ZG and optional on Datsun 240Z and 260Z in some countries.  It was also listed as an optional accessory part in the North American Datsun S30 240Z microfiche".

post-101663-0-50403700-1461789714_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ian. I only recalled seeing this ad (attached) and reading about it on the Yank forums.

post-100274-0-82193600-1461808061_thumb.jpg

Edited by George

Peter B. Just noticed my upholstery matches the paint on your car!

I had always assumed you would be going with a biscuit leather interior.

Yep, never assume.