Just an update. My apologies as i will try to describe the issue coherently
The issue seemed to have been caused by a blockage in the line leading up to the front Carburetor; as some did mention, it was getting enough fuel to idle and rev but not under load.
I had some reservations, as a few weeks earlier to this problem, we went out on the zed cruise and she did well for the few hours. But one of the things i didn't account for, during all this. Is that the car had been sitting for sometime and although the fuel tank and other pieces were in good nick, or replaced some of the hoses ect must have built up dust/dirt.
thanks for all the help and advice!