#1 Mike260LW

Mike260LW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:42 AM

I am seeking expressions of interest for internally electrically heated S30 front windscreens.  We have been running one in our Tarmac Rally car for a couple of years now and they are excellent.  These are the same style as the V8 Supercars run. The internal electric element wires are invisible.  The windscreens are laminated, green tinted, with a blue sun band.  These are excellent for race cars where you want to ditch all the heavy heater boxes and blowers, and the need to reticulate boiling water inside the cabin. We have unfortunately damaged our screen removing it for a pedal box upgrade. There is a minimum order of six, at a cost of $635 each, or 7+ at $610.00.  Delivery time will be about 12 weeks.  

#2 TomC18

TomC18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Tagline:Old Racer

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

I've got an original ex Rally one in my race car, they are a good thing (although i hardly ever use it in the rain nowadays...)  It is getting a bit chipped up, so i might get a spare - but can you get them clear? What's the reason for the green tint?

#3 Mike260LW

Mike260LW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

I've got an original ex Rally one in my race car, they are a good thing (although i hardly ever use it in the rain nowadays...)  It is getting a bit chipped up, so i might get a spare - but can you get them clear? What's the reason for the green tint?

It is effectively clear. It's the lightest of tints and only perceptible if you put it on a white background. The standard screen I bought the other day for my other 260Z had the same sort of "tint".

#4 AK

AK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Tagline:New Member - AK

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hi Mike 

I am interested if they are road legal - I assume they would be just the green tint thing could be a problem?

Their is also the complication is transport of such a fragile item to my location. (all screens would need individual packing from the factory.

The other question for you if we are going to run of front screens for the club members as such does the company do rear windows with wires in them as well?

I have 260 2+2 1976 model are the front screens and the rear windows the same across all models

Sorry to hit you with more questions.

Cheers AK

#5 Mike260LW

Mike260LW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

AK,

These are a Motorsport based product. Don't know if they are road legal. Don't know if they do rear windscreens but I doubt it. Haven't got that far with the delivery logistics. The retailer may be able to piggy back delivery off the back of other deliveries to Melbourne. Mike

#6 AK

AK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Tagline:New Member - AK

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:00 AM

No Worries - Thanks for letting me know. Cheers AK

#7 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

AK, AFAIK the front screens are the same, although I have seen different part numbers listed for the 2-seater & 2+2 windscreen rubber but don't know why, hopefully someone here can advise.
But the 2+2 rear glass is a different size to the 2-seater glass.

I had an Aus-made front screen fitted as an insurance claim after my original screen was stone damaged. It's basically clear but does have a slight greenish hue to it, I wouldn't really call it a 'tint' though I think it's just the natural colour of the glass.
To be picky though the screen doesn't match the rest of the car's (original) glass which has a definite bluish tint to it. I have an original Nissan screen stashed away pending a future resto & that has the same bluish tint, as did the damaged one.
So if you're wanting to replace your rear glass you'd be better finding a good 'blue' original to keep the match, I don't know if all the Aus-new 2+2 cars had the demister element though; I've seen some with & some without on various 240/260 2-seater cars.

Edited by gilltech, 28 April 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#8 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:31 AM

Quite a few race/rally cars are using the inline blower heaters, 12v operated,
Mounted to dash vents. Lightweight, less cost.
Smashed screen, not such a hit on the wallet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windscreen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users