Auto Italia Canberra

CBR Jeff

Monster show !

Undoubtebly one of the biggest Italian car shows in the past 10 years on the east coast.....there, I said it.

I couldnt believe the amount of Sydney ferraris, maseratis and lambos etc that drove down for the day plus a handfull from Melbourne.

Ive been drooling all day.

The horn emblem needs to rotated.

Hope to be there next year - yes, I know I've been saying that for 8 years but it's getting closer.

Sound is a bit faint so you need to turn up the volume.

I will let the owner know. I had the job to drive one of the cars to and from the event. Luckily they decided to take the long way home. Drove a 308 gt4 and a 308 gtb this year.

It was an enjoyable day.

Looking sharp Peter  ;)  Just need some kid skin driving gloves 

String-back driving gloves                       tick

Helicopter pilot sunglasses                     tick

Peter Stuyvesant cigarettes (soft pact) tick

Tweed Jacket                                           tick

Just the polo-neck sweater and I'm all set,  No need for charisma with all that.

• Moderators

String-back driving gloves                       tick

Helicopter pilot sunglasses                     tick

Peter Stuyvesant cigarettes (soft pact) tick

Tweed Jacket                                           tick

Just the polo-neck sweater and I'm all set,  No need for charisma with all that.

Don't forgot your flat cap.

post-102365-0-73035400-1459772219_thumb.jpeg

• 11 months later...

Congrats Peter.

Unfortunately I cannot make it this year as I'll be away from home again (never ending recently). I was disappointed that I was unavailable to drive one of the Ferrari's to the event for my friends but now im even more disappointed that I won't get to meet you and see your car ????.

Bugger

Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

Auto 'Bloody' Italia. 

I used to attend the Car Club Motor Show at the Sydney Showgrounds many many years ago but I've only ever been to one car show since then and that was Pebble Beach. I was so bored by 11:00am that I left.

I've entered the GTO in tomorrow's Auto Italia in Canberra mainly to meet the area members of various forums who have helped with comments and suggestions throughout the build. I entered the car in the 'Other' category about a month ago.

I got a call from the organisers this morning to say they'd ummed and ahhed about whether to accept my entry but had "graciously" done so on the proviso I don't park anywhere near a Ferrari, I don't call it a Ferrari and I don't display signage/badges which contain 'Ferrari'.

Looks like it's going to be a real hoot..

Edited by PeterAllen

• Administrators

In fairness what did you expect? Don't call your's a Ferrari, instead just refer to everyone's Ferrari's as poor man's Datsun's lol..

Imagine their embarrassment if a member of the public thought it was an actual Ferrari  ;D  The toffs would lose their minds! LOL

Just park in a dark corner, don't make eye contact with anyone and think yourself lucky to be in the company of greatness  ::)

I'm looking foward to the pics of your car Peter.