11 replies to this topic

#1 aj_

aj_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

Could anyone share a picture of your 260Z seatbelt hooks, or confirm if they even exist? Mine has the original belts but nowhere to hang the clip when you're not wearing the belt. I'm wondering what part I should be looking for (74 2 seater).

Cheers,

Andrew

#2 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

My early-74 2-seater has a simple basic little black plastic 'J' hook on each B pillar, just below the window, to hang the seatbelt tang on. It's secured using one of the interior trim screws.
I've had my car from the time it was 10 yrs old so I can only presume that's original, the rest of the interior is, complete with the original fixed seatbelts (no inertia) which are lap belts with a clip-on shoulder belt at the buckle. You hang the two connected portions on the little J hook, whereas the inboard free end just lays in the console tray or falls down the side of the seat. Couldn't be more basic.
I could take a photo but don't know how to post it on here. Easier to send it direct to you.
Hope that helps.
  • aj_ likes this

#3 aj_

aj_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

My early-74 2-seater has a simple basic little black plastic 'J' hook on each B pillar, just below the window, to hang the seatbelt tang on. It's secured using one of the interior trim screws.I've had my car from the time it was 10 yrs old so I can only presume that's original, the rest of the interior is, complete with the original fixed seatbelts (no inertia) which are lap belts with a clip-on shoulder belt at the buckle. You hang the two connected portions on the little J hook, whereas the inboard free end just lays in the console tray or falls down the side of the seat. Couldn't be more basic.I could take a photo but don't know how to post it on here. Easier to send it direct to you.Hope that helps.

Perfect, thank you! Won't need a pic, that all sounds super-simple. Cheers.

#4 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:34 PM

[quote name="gilltech" post="175476" timestamp="1459581400"I could take a photo but don't know how to post it on here. Easier to send it direct to you.Hope that helps.[/quote]
Press "More Reply Options" then "Choose File"

#5 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:15 AM

Thanks PB260Z, I'll give it a go once it's daylight.
Meantime, the hook is 50mm long top to bottom of curve, with a 35mm upwards return, & is 12mm wide. The 35mm portion has a dogleg halfway up - bending outwards - to make the hook more accessible.
My '74 was NZ-new, I don't know if your Aus cars had the same 3-piece fixed seatbelts or not? The ADRs were different to NZ's & you guys got your own specific Aus-market Zeds from what people on this forum say.

#6 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:05 AM

See attached - not a good image as it's a black interior in a well shaded location, but hopefully clear enough. I've swung the seatbelt forward, & you can see the line of the door jamb right behind.

Attached Thumbnails

• 260Z seatbelt hook.jpg

• aj_ likes this

#7 GongZ

GongZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Tagline:Watanabe wannabe

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:18 AM

It looks the same as the 240Z hooks;

US$25 a pair plus shippig

http://www.new-datsu...-interior2.html

240ZIN0030.jpg

Zeddsaver also sells them for US$40 a set but lists them as 240Z - 280Z seatbelt hooks

http://www.zeddsaver...-seatbelt-hooks

• aj_ likes this

#8 aj_

aj_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

See attached - not a good image as it's a black interior in a well shaded location, but hopefully clear enough. I've swung the seatbelt forward, & you can see the line of the door jamb right behind.

Too easy, thanks.

#9 aj_

aj_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

It looks the same as the 240Z hooks;

US$25 a pair plus shippig
http://www.new-datsu...-interior2.html

240ZIN0030.jpg

Zeddsaver also sells them for US$40 a set but lists them as 240Z - 280Z seatbelt hooks
http://www.zeddsaver...-seatbelt-hooks

Perfect, thank you!

#10 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:01 PM

Ouch, not cheap for two bits of plastic, but there you go...at least they're available...

#11 GongZ

GongZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Tagline:Watanabe wannabe

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

Ouch, not cheap for two bits of plastic, but there you go...at least they're available...

Hopefully their very small size and negligible weight will result in a reasonable shipping price - unlike so many other Z parts from the USA.

#12 aj_

aj_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

Hopefully their very small size and negligible weight will result in a reasonable shipping price - unlike so many other Z parts from the USA.

You were right - shipping cost more than the parts. Easily fixed though. Next time I'll ship multiple orders to a US address (I use myus.com) and get them to hold and combine several orders into a single international shipment. Keep the combined orders under 1k and you're all clear on the GST too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users