Hi - 74 260Z Coupe - Sydney

How low was the production number?

I had 3x 1974 260z 2 seaters and they seem more common than later years

I am now on to my third '74 260Z coupe too. They all seem to be sub 1000 VIN numbers and we seem to have got a disproportionate lot of them her in Aus.

• Administrators

Gav is going to want a copy of that !

Nah a TM-1081ZA manual is what I'm after. But it would be cool to have a PDF copy for other members who own 260z's.

Any progress with finding & adding a hazard switch?

They're around the 90-100 bucks mark on eBay ex USA, plus postage.

Haven't got to the hazard switch yet. Seatbelt hooks have arrived (shipping cost more than the clips, gah). Defogger lamp & ashtray on the way (the old ashtray had 40 years of butt-grind - well beyond my cleaning ability and/or desire). Plates are on + rego is done. Just getting some niggles sorted at the electrician and will be properly on road this week. Then - seats (new foam) & dash (repair the Grand Canyon up top). I'm outsourcing all of that - but happy to start a build thread if anyone's interested in the "outsource all the work" approach. Beyond those interior bits though (and maybe a couple more), it's going to be incremental fiddles to get the externals 100%.

• Administrators

Thanks for the scan of the user manual for the hitachi radio. I've split it and put it in this thread.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14572-oem-hitachi-radio-manuals-eg-tm-1081zb-user-and-repair-manuals/

To keep it all in 1 place, appreciate you taking the time to copy it.

Turns out the electrician has ordered the hazard switch as he figured I'd want one. And, I've got the blue defogger lamp on the way. @gilltech - if it's not too much trouble, could you please post a picture of that layout on yours? Just to triple check position. Also, what month/year is yours? Mine is 01/74.

Just be wary that the USA ones are different to ours. If anyone wants a USA one I have at least one....for free.

USA one:

DSC03313.JPG

Aussie/Jap one:

post-1098-14402360811.jpg

" @gilltech - if it's not too much trouble, could you please post a picture of that layout on yours? Just to triple check position. Also, what month/year is yours? Mine is 01/74. "

Same as in the above photo, lower centre. But with the triangle symbol.

IIRC mine sold new in NZ in 02/74. VIN #115.

• 2 weeks later...

super cool looking Z you've got there! But yes, personal preference wouldn't be that choice of wheel.

well done though :)

Thanks @Ahoysandy - I'll live with them (the wheels) for a while and see how I feel. Gotta get her on road first. I went from "hey, let's just sort out a few small things" (3 weeks ago) to "well, while we're at it, let's sort out everything - with the electrician and mechanic. Should be rolling in the next few days, with many, many niggles sorted. It should be well worth the wait, and I'm glad to get them all knocked out of the way in one hit.

Current location attached.

post-104930-0-43886600-1462516186_thumb.jpg

great photo but I don't like the look of those conc encased beams above your car...

I suspect it's early basic fire proofing encasement to the steel beams & has been crudely hacked away to provide more headroom above the hoist.

Edited by gilltech

• 3 weeks later...