Photo

Phillp Island Run - 19th/20th April '08 - UPDATED!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 JP240z

JP240z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

;D Thanks Rev.... believe me that was the first thing i done after i came off the gravel :D.

Don't tell me my old zed is back to her former sideways glory?? What happened there?
btw I've got an old video of her for you Sach if you want it.. i never got around to putting it on youtube as I didnt know how to blank out my plates.. pm me if you want.

#102 zr240

zr240

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hi Glen73

Man its a small world are you still online racing??

Ash

#103 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Hi Glen73

Man its a small world are you still online racing??

Ash

The penny dropped for me today looking at your avator....i remembered it at xgn thinking it was a pretty cool looking Z.
im racing rfactor's V8SuperCars atm moment @ XGN still. Only play gtl every now and then. rfactor has one of the best netcodes and ton's of mods and is a lot easier than gtl to run on your system. great for online leagues.

While i enjoyed saturday a lot i didnt enjoy the 2nd gear syncro jamming up, even double clutching didnt help. Always had to wait till the rev's dropped right down before down shifting into 2nd. I probably would have enjoyed my mx5 better. Might have kept up with the you and dimitri then :)

#104 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hi Guys,
Thanks for a great weekend. Sach sorry we missed you and the boys early Sunday morning for breakfast. I think we all had a great night. I can still make it to 2.30am not bad for an old bastard and no hang over ha.
Great pictures and awesome to see so many Zeds. I have never been on a run with so many and I have been on a lot of drive days. Let's keep it up guys. It gives us more reason to keep the cars on the road ready for a nice drive every few months. So if your car only needs a few things to get it on the road do it now because the Apollo Bay run will be here soon enough. Good company and look forward to seeing you all at the Jag Club. Let's keep the momentum going as we have the potential to lift this clubs profile and interest big time. I know of about 5 Zed owners whom we could talk into getting along to our get togethers and I am sure plenty of you guys are the same. I would be wrapt if we can get 20 to the next meeting. Always good to hear the little quirky things everyone is doing to improve there Zeds. Let's keep them where they belong on the road.

Well said Craig. We hope to book the Jag Club for a meeting in the last week of July. I will update the calendar once we have confirmation the place is free on the desired night. The Jga Club is an excellent venue for our meeting and we hope to discuss the next cruise. I will have my car ready way before the cruise and will be focusing my efforts on preparing video equipment etc and hope to get some really good stuff on the site. In the mean time if anybody is interested we can always organise smaller day drives but I'll leave those impromptu plans to individuals that night be keen to go for a squirt, it might be as simple as seeing we are going to have a nice day on the weekend and posting info to see if anybody is interested. I hope to go for a squirt around King Lake area in the coming weeks but I won't hijack this thread, I'll post else where if that evebtuates.

Sulio

#105 MR260

MR260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

Tried posting some photos but there too big and i dont know how to resize them.

#106 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

Hey joel,
You can send them to me and I can resize them or else download some freeware photo resizing software via google. revzed at gmail.com
Rev.

#107 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,394 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

To resize images quickly without hassle download this for Windows XP

http://www.microsoft...ppowertoys.mspx

On the right hand side you will see a link:
Image Resizer
Download ImageResizer.exe
521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

This works really well for those who don't want / need photoshop or other programs. Just right click on the image and resize to desired size / dimension.

I might write a post about this as a FAQ.

#108 Lightmaster240z

Lightmaster240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Tagline:I spend to much money on my 240z with ......

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

thang you gav and thank oyu lurch

#109 ol_skl_jp

ol_skl_jp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Just received a speeding fine today not happy >:( what can you do. It was on the way back so hopefully nobody else got stung.

#110 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Hey Sach, well I just got one too! $220, I can see the headlines "Rev does runner 23km over the limit in small country town", I guess a good lesson learned, however I would have paid that much just for the fun of the drive!
Rev.

#111 Enzo

Enzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. ( and got caught ).   

#112 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

Geez! I haven't seen any small white envelopes in my mailbox ...........yet! I'm worried now!

#113 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

Wholly molly is that 2 or 3 people caught? I did hear there was a camera on the way into Warrigal on Saturday but we were all doing 60-65klms. I now remember seeing that camera and pointing it out to Sulio on the 2way who hadn't seen it. I guess the drive was a little revenue raiser for the pricks in Canberra. Never mind catching the murderers, rapists and people beating up in town. Far more productive. And Cops wonder why they don't have the respect of the young. But don't get me started.  Ha Ha

#114 ol_skl_jp

ol_skl_jp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

i got stung on Sunday South Gippsland highway

#115 Lightmaster240z

Lightmaster240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Tagline:I spend to much money on my 240z with ......

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:16 PM

If I can add some advice on speeding afences
1: Write a letter stating that you were speeding at the time but because the car is so old and is still in mile and k,s you have made a miss jugment in convertion.???????????
2: state that this car is only drive very raley a got away on you.
3: find some who has a clean record that will vouch as the driver.

all of the above have served me well in the past.

Ps Good luck
regards Bruce   

#116 JP240z

JP240z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

Yeah my mate had a clean record, unlinke myself, and wrote a letter saying how it was his first offence and that he didnt see the speed sign... they let him off with a warning.

#117 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

Well I got a speeding fine in the mail last night for that camera which I didn't see on Saturday. I think I will have to adjust my number plate for lower speeds. Keep an eye out guys as some others might get one tonight as I thought we might have all been doing around the same speed 69klm in a 60zone. Fine, a cost of a tank of fuel. Woopy do, the bastards.
Some good advise Bruce but with my record they just throw the book at me.

#118 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Damn :(
Sorry to hear that guys.

Anyone want me to post Radar/Lazer Detectors back from WA? :P ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic