#1 EJ101

EJ101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Tagline:When I had my Z

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:50 PM

well looks like predictions years ago that Sydney's climate will become more tropical are coming true.

we had a storm come over at about 4 30 this arvo and I can't remember rain that heavy ever.

I spent all day in the front yard digging and planting. I finished with the storm approaching. I rushed down to the nursery to get some more bags of soil and made it home just as it started raining. Parked the car under the carport, opened the garage and bam. The rain was beyond torrential. I stayed in the garage because the rain was coming in horizontally right at the house. If I tried getting into the house thru the rear sliding door, the room would have been filled with water. 

All the gutters were over flowing and didn't take long for the box gutter in the garage to overflow and start pouring into the garage. Lasted about 25 minutes. 

I've got a pool and it holds 30000 litres of water. More than an inch was added.

Luckily earlier in the day I'd plugged in my VB Can fridge and put beers in it (not VB). So I rode out the storm with nice cold beer

IMG_20151225_112053851.jpg

Edited by EJ101, 30 January 2016 - 09:53 PM.

#2 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, it certainly came down.

I was in the workshop, sorting out a small issue with 2+2 and drinking beer from beer can shaped fridge.

The water is still running down the road now

Time to build a boat and collect some animals 8)

#3 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,389 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

What is weird is that I got sunburnt in the morning, I spent a little time removing the camshaft from an engine head and then walked to the post office and back twice. I managed to get burnt in such a short space of time. Not badly, but still...

The rain put me off doing anything else, I was supposed to mow the bloody lawn. Cutting wet grass is pointless...

#4 sydney mike

sydney mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Tagline:Certified Wheel whore.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

We had a blackout from 5pm to about 9pm. The kids thought the world was coming to it's end with no internet ::) . On a side note, I was peeved that my gas-fueled Rinnai infinity "continuous" hot water system certainly did not continue during the blackout :( . I just moved into our new house last month and the rinnai has always been here so I haven't experience that before.

#5 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

Mike , the rinnais are designed with a safety trip to stop working in the event of power failure. The unit does have some electronics in it.
Bit like zed fuses and fuselinks giving us grief for no apparent reason.

#6 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

We had a blackout from 5pm to about 9pm. The kids thought the world was coming to it's end with no internet : :) . On a side note, I was peeved that my gas-fueled Rinnai infinity "continuous" hot water system certainly did not continue during the blackout :( . I just moved into our new house last month and the rinnai has always been here so I haven't experience that before.

Yeah, a mate of mine has the issue.

Whilst the unit uses Gas to heat, it needs 240V to ignite.

It can be got around by running a 240V 300W invertor off your car and plug the unit directly into that.

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z, 01 February 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#7 sydney mike

sydney mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Tagline:Certified Wheel whore.

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, a mate of mine has the issue.

Whilst the unit uses Gas to heat, it needs 240V to ignite.

It can be got around by running a 240V 300W invertor off your car and plug the unit directly into that.

Cheers

PB

I figured that. When it comes time to replace, i'll probably install a rheem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users