#1 Dionysus

Dionysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:20 AM

Hi Guys

My names John and I'm from Sydney and a new owner of a 260z, this was the 5th car I viewed and I was quick to realise that I wasn't looking for the best Z but instead the Z with the least problems within my budget and hopefully I've done enough research to pick a good car.
I stumbled across this car which was from Toowoomba and previously a resident of Darwin and Brissie before that. It seemed like one of the better examples I've seem so I ended up going slightly over budget to purchase it and end my travels to different parts of oz. Not sure what plans I have for the car whether it be heavily Japanese influenced or just a simple resto but for now there are a few cosmetic changes I want to make to the car, time will tell I suppose.

Other toys I also own a self built R32 gts-t with RB25/30 and a Triumph Daytona 675.

Great to be apart of the community and from what I've read so far it appears most people are over 18 which always helps..

Here are some pics from yesterday when I received it..

IMG-20160127-WA0010.jpg

DSC_0012_2.jpg

DSC_0011_1.jpg

• gav240z and oldmates260z like this

#2 mother240

mother240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

Hi John

Congrats, looks like a nice ride and a good base to start with to be able to make your own.

Enjoy the Z journey.

Mark

#3 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,387 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

Welcome, looks good so far. Hope you are enjoying driving it?

#4 Dionysus

Dionysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:52 PM

Thanks guys..

Drives very nice, once the house renos are complete I plan to pull everything out and see what I have to deal with..

#5 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

Welcome

That car looks great.
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to pull it apart, get it on NSW rego and just enjoy it.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

PB
  • gav240z likes this

#6 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,387 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

Welcome

That car looks great.
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to pull it apart, get it on NSW rego and just enjoy it.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

PB

I agree I wouldn't pull it apart unless you have to, better to enjoy it and drive it around. Get a feel for it, do other things first. Then decide what you want to do in terms of taking it apart and restoring etc.. Although from the photos it looks great.

Only thing I would change myself is the wheels, sort of a popular style in the early 2000s but a nice set of period wheels would really enhance the look.

#7 Dionysus

Dionysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:01 AM

I agree I wouldn't pull it apart unless you have to, better to enjoy it and drive it around. Get a feel for it, do other things first. Then decide what you want to do in terms of taking it apart and restoring etc.. Although from the photos it looks great.

Only thing I would change myself is the wheels, sort of a popular style in the early 2000s but a nice set of period wheels would really enhance the look.

Ok I'll take my time...

Yeah wheels are going ASAP! Thinking SSR mesh?? Trying to find some comparisons to confirm what offset I want to run.. I found a great set in 14" but I think they may look too small so shopped around and found a set of 15" that have seen better days so going to make some calls to get a price to service them.

I also wanted to add fender mirrors but originals seem to be around $500 USD!!

Edited by Dionysus, 29 January 2016 - 08:06 AM.

#8 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

Hi Mate

Have a look at this website, it well help work out how each combination of offset, width & tyre will look

http://www.wheel-siz...l=30mm&scl=15mm

There is also a thread with images etc of cars

http://www.viczcar.c...-tyrerim-combo/

Cheers

PB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users