83 replies to this topic

#81 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

Steve, have you tried some of the Hawk pads, up around the HT70 compounds???

I used them in my 2B car on the front with 4 spot dynalites and vented TP Magna rotors. Different rules I know, but the pads may last the round as I used to get half a season out of them on the Sydney tracks.

They were harsh on rotors though, a rotor would last two sets of pads comfortably, and could squeeze a third set of pads depending on where the races were as the rotors would get very hourglass in profile and start to get a lot of fine cracking in the surface and obvious hot spots.

It maybe an option to throw a set of the Hawks on with a fresh set of rotors and see how they go for a weekend.

Dead easy to download the Hawk catalog from the website to peruse the different compounds and also better to purchase from www.hawkpadsdirect.com The price for two sets delivered will be about the same as one set from local suppliers even with the crappy exchange rate at the moment.

The tech guys are very helpful also, if you want a contact I could dig up the email address of the guy i dealt with when trying to sort out what pads to use in my old bus for you.

#82 hmd

hmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

Gents,

We gone through this discussion before

http://www.viczcar.c...brake-problems/

By the way the Hawk HT10 killed my rotors in a couple of sessions at Winton.

I've gone with twin MC servo replacement box to get the rear brake to take more load of the front brakes, seems to help a bit.

#83 Brett240

Brett240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

pads / brake fluid all OK. the combo he is using doesn't fade though it gets bled a couple of times a weekend

warping discs is the main problem. you can lean on the brakes all weekend and they wont let up, but its at least a set of discs per weekend, sometimes 2. 

the whole setup runs red hot though, ive got a burn on my arm from the race a couple of months ago from accidentally touching the caliper for a split second.  

#84 stevesz

stevesz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Tagline:too old to chase porsches & slower than sons

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Thanks Brett for the replies. The pads of different types all lasted the weekends, although initial bite is a worry. I'll try more rear as suggested. Next race is Muscle Car Masters with Brett as the main driver and the old man the co-driver in the 1 hour race. The barkes will be a worry but we should get through the 1 hour at EC with a new set of discs and pads - ahhhhh!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users