Sign in to follow this  
d3c0y

Fuel Tank Ventline Nla

Hey Guys,

Just rang Nissan and the fuel tank vent line is no longer available. Has anyone tackled this recently on their car?

GasEvaporatorHose.jpg

Ok, I was just going by the pic jake posted, i thought it was the same. I'm sure I used one of these hoses on my 71 zed though.

Edited by mossy

My bad the one in the pic above is the wrong one. Nissan part number for RHD one is 17235-E4101 for reference. 

Edited by d3c0y

I did mine recently (obviously I have no vapour tank). I just used an appropriate sized vapour hose with 3 plastic 90 degree bends and was very happy with the outcome.

Edited by Roberto

oh nice, that sounds cheaper than using AN12 fittings like i was. Where did you get the vapor hose and fittings from?

I did mine when I first got the car. It's very tight at the back of the tank if you don't remove it, but it is doable. My plastic T piece was broken, so I went to Enzed and got a brass female threaded T block and fitted the correct size male brass barbed fittings.

This line will have fuel in the bottom third if you fill the tank all the way up

oh nice, that sounds cheaper than using AN12 fittings like i was. Where did you get the vapor hose and fittings from?

Ebay of course.  Just search "fuel oil hose" with appropriate internal hose diameter (I cant remember what it is right now) and use "elbow" for the 90 degree bends in the right size.  i think my hose was aeroflow. Lots to choose from and really cheap.

post-101333-0-27367100-1452771450_thumb.jpg

post-101333-0-88156200-1452771467_thumb.jpg

OK yup that's what i'm ordering. I guess an AN fitting is a bit overkill for a vent line too haha.

Ebay of course. Just search "fuel oil hose" with appropriate internal hose diameter (I cant remember what it is right now) and use "elbow" for the 90 degree bends in the right size. i think my hose was aeroflow. Lots to choose from and really cheap.

I dunno why eBay slips off my radar sometimes... I ended up finding marine fuel line was the only thing I could get that fitted.