Photo

Cv Options For 240Z With 450Hp (@engine)

CVs Driveshafts Differential R200 conversion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vspecrob

vspecrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

Hi all,

I am currently facing a dilemma, I  building a 240Z with an RB25DET with an expected power output of 450HP at the engine (won't be more than 500HP) and I want to know what CVs are on offer or my options.

I have spoken to a few, and I don't have much faith in the Wolf Creek items unless I get other advice that proves otherwise.  I also spoke with Troy from Ermish racing and he explained the the CVs he supplied were good for 400hp, but no more.  I haven't heard much of the "the driveshaft shop", they also offer a CV conversion kit...  Any help would be awesome...

Thanks in advance guys...   :) 

#2 George

George

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

I had some made up by Stewart Wilkins from a HR31. Just had to adapt the splines to fit my diff (R200). They were strong enough for my application which was a touch over your expected.

#3 dat240z

dat240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Tagline:RB25det powered 240z - willwoods - coils - engineered

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

I've got some brand new wolf creek cvs sitting on the garage shelf mate if your keen

#4 rb25240z

rb25240z

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:39 PM

I have the Stewart Wilkins setup as well. Mine is a dr30 turbo r200 diff and cvs with his custom shafts and billet adapters, on 260z stub axles. Survived behind a 20b turbo with no problems.

#5 Stivva

Stivva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Tagline:Hiroshima Screama

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

What did Stewart Wilkins charge you guys for the HR31 CV conversion?

#6 George

George

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

What did Stewart Wilkins charge you guys for the HR31 CV conversion?

Mine was a while ago and would not be in any way related to his current rates. It also depends on how much modification he has to do to shafts, if any. Best to give him a call and go from there.

#7 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

I just got an HR31 diff and shafts too so i was wondering what the cost is.

#8 imackz

imackz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Tagline:v8 into a 280zx makes 450zx

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:30 AM

Hi all,

I am currently facing a dilemma, I  building a 240Z with an RB25DET with an expected power output of 450HP at the engine (won't be more than 500HP) and I want to know what CVs are on offer or my options.

I have spoken to a few, and I don't have much faith in the Wolf Creek items unless I get other advice that proves otherwise.  I also spoke with Troy from Ermish racing and he explained the the CVs he supplied were good for 400hp, but no more.  I haven't heard much of the "the driveshaft shop", they also offer a CV conversion kit...  Any help would be awesome...

Thanks in advance guys...   :) 

I've got Z31 turbo rear Cv's in my 280zx with an infiniti quad cam V8, not sure of the horsepower but massive torque

These should be good for the HP that you are talking about but make sure you get good high tensile bolts for them

Regards

#9 vspecrob

vspecrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:42 AM

I have just recieved an email back from the  driveshaft shop, and they said their kit can hold 1000 whp!!  I think we are pretty used to the yanks exaggerating a little... but at $1099 US and I'm only asking for under 500HP @ the crank... it's probably not bad value, considering SW motorsports, is offering something similar "unbreakable" for around $2400....  Hmmmmm  Decisions... decisions....   :-\   

#10 vspecrob

vspecrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:43 AM

BTW, thanks heaps for everyones input!!!   :)

#11 Vindicare

Vindicare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

Stewart Wilkins will be worth it, will be my next set when I break these datrat ones

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CVs, Driveshafts, Differential, R200, conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users