My RB25det Racecar

zr240

Hi Evan

Yer had to cut out were the bumper would usually mount to get the pipes through. Also You loose a bit of steering lock as the pipes come up through the wheel wells. Ok for race car but not so good on a street car :)

Ash

Hopfully completed soon Lurch!!! 

Just lots of small things to finish off now. Hopfully will take it for a run around the court in the next few weeks :)

Im trying to chase up a second set of wheels so I can mount up my treaded tyres and maybe run it on CH plates for a cruse or two to iron out the bugs. Will have to jack up the suspension a bit and make up a removeable loom for the indicators and stuff :)

Maybe I can have it ready for the Apollo bay cruise!

Ash

• 4 weeks later...

Ok quick update

Got the turbo box in and sent the tailshaft off to be shortened. Hoping to weld up gearbox mount and fit it this weekend. Got all my guages fitted and working in the car. Starts with the push of the button :)

Got to send the wheels off to get the road tyres fitted soon and by then should have the tailshaft back and be able to put it on the ground and finish of all the little things. Then its just getting the club reg and going for a cruise :)

Ash

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I have a new fav past time. Sanding down the resin on carbon overlay bonnet  ::)

Anyway here are the latest pics. got the road tyres fitted and had a drive down the court today. fells very different to the old car!

Ash

post-87-144023489634_thumb.jpg

post-87-144023489641_thumb.jpg

post-87-144023489648_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cor ! That is a sweetie. If you see a fat man camping out on your grass with a camera and a faded "datsuns forever" tshirt that is just me stalking your car. Dont call the cops.

THe CF bonnet sets the car off perfectly. I will be interested to hear some times in the near future.

• 2 months later...

Car has had a few test runs around the block.

I think the thrust bearing on the clutch has gone  (should have put in a new one :( ) so looks like the gearbox is coming out again!

Anyway here is a pick on the street

post-87-144023495717_thumb.jpg

Wow! Envy! ^^

I must come around soon and see both the Zeds Soon ^^

I suppose it'l have to wait till mines in primer, But yes i will come one day, By the way,

Whens the next track day going to be at? ^^ Would love to come see the car in action

*P.s Thanks for the flares mate gave em a quick sand and there looking great! going to take them into work and get a guard fully set up and painted , and see how the "Wrexi blue" looks ^^

Talk soon mate Michael

Also, You would have a front bumper lying around somewhere would ya? or know of somewhere/someone that does be in Carbon Or whatever? Thanks mate Michael

• Moderators

Hey Ash! well done..I couldnt hear it from my house...something must be wrong! Your thrust bearing problem is similar to my water pump issue. Had it out twice this week! Let me know if you need your cam belt done; I can do it with my eyes closed!

heheheh  ;D

I took his other spare one, "it comes with free Over-riders" (Ash, 2008).

Which might i have to say Ash, was fantastic because... after a polish on the section, it was perfect. Now i only need to get the front re-straightened and re-chromed.

I want to see Ash race it... watch out for paranoid ash when a Porsche appears behind him.

Awesome Ash!  Can't wait to hear how it goes when you hit the track.

Very game going with no front bumper  :)

I wanted to leave mine off to get more air through the intercooler/radiator but it's saved a lot of damage in a couple of small touches I've had so I'm glad I left it on!

Hi Ash,

Nice car man. How come you had to sand down the resin on the CF bonnet? Thinking of getting some GRP/ CF parts and wondering why it needs to be sanded. Also how does CF/ Fibreglass stand up to sun/weather as I do not have undercover parking. Cheers.