#21 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Tagline:75 260 2+2 RA60 Celica Hatch 74 260

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

Gabriel from TTT should know all this any way and I am sure he does. That doesn't mean it will fit. I ordered two sets of strut braces from him and one didn't fit due to different lengths but he replaced them no charge. A really great guy to deal with.

#22 grimlynsan

grimlynsan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Tagline:Certified Z Fan

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Yeah Peter, Gabriel is the guy I'm emailing. He said he couldn't confirm if it would fit a 2+2 and asked me to send him measurements.

I guess there must be some extra thread on each end of the tri-bar fittings as suggested earlier so I think I'll just order them and if I can't get them fitted, Matty can take them off my hands (once I have of course measured how short they are)!

Edited by grimlynsan, 22 September 2015 - 07:01 PM.

• MATTY likes this

#23 MATTY

MATTY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Tagline:https://www.facebook.com/thezedshed/

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

Yeah Peter, Gabriel is the guy I'm emailing. He said he couldn't confirm if it would fit a 2+2 and asked me to send him measurements.

I guess there must be some extra thread on each end of the tri-bar fittings as suggested earlier so I think I'll just order them and if I can't get them fitted, Matty can take them off my hands (once I have of course measured how short they are)!

by memory mine had at least 30-40mm tread on each end to play with. so there is plenty of room for adjustment.

#24 grimlynsan

grimlynsan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Tagline:Certified Z Fan

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Exchanged emails with TTT again - had asked if he stocked different stuff for the 280z - and learned something mildly interesting.

I figured my allegedly taller 2+2 strut top height might be the same as for the 280z and asked if he stocked different parts accordingly. He said that a 280z strut brace is actually SHORTER than a 240z one because the added height brings the tops closer together.

I would not have imagined that; in my head I just assumed 260z 2+2 and 280z would be wider than 240z.

#25 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:44 PM

They are n an included angle, goes without saying, f they were buiot really high, they join up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users