25 replies to this topic

#21 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

We never officially got the 140 or 160J here.

An old friend who was a very good rally driver in the 70's and on occasion beat the factory Datsun team was given a 140JSSS from Datsun/Nissan somehow. Was the only one I ever saw and he could punt it around like there was no tomorrow.

It did look funny, sort of like the bastard red headed ugly love child as the result of a drugged and alcohol fueled tryst between a 120Y and a 180B......

#22 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

the result of a drugged and alcohol fueled tryst between a 120Y and a 180B......

Yes.....you could see the family resemblance right through.....

Mind you, those early Jap cars were a breath of fresh air to the typical NZ motoring scene full of dated looking English cars, & everything worked & stayed working, they were reliable & didn't break down every time it rained.....

The main design criticism I've always had were the hubcaps - every last one was a nasty cheap looking piece of stamped metal, whoever designed them & approved them for production needed sacking.....

My mate's 160J SSS went very well indeed, as did my 120Y SSS. But thin...just as well we didn't hit anything...

I didn't much like the 180Bs & SSSs & 200Bs I drove, 2 or 4-door, too 'floaty'; I preferred the bigger Mitsubishis - esp the GSR, 2000GTO etc.

Edited by gilltech, 26 August 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#23 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,400 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:01 PM

On the same topic, may have found an unregistered 180B SSS coupe. The question is, when exporting a car outside of Australia does anyone know what paper work needs to go with the car to prove ownership? Or is it a case of the checks are only an issue on the other end?

#24 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

" when exporting a car outside of Australia..."
Do you mean exporting from Aus to some other country? Look up the export & import regulations for each end, they vary from country to country.
Undoubtedly the big issue will be proof of your ownership to do that with it. So, bill of sale that doesn't look dodgy, & any paperwork that the current owner can muster to prove he/she has clear title on the car in the first place in order to sell to you. Basically proof that the car isn't stolen, doesn't belong in whole or in part to a 3rd party, no money owing, or a lien on it, etc.

Edited by gilltech, 15 September 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#25 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

There was sss coupe on gumtree in canberra on the weekend , but I just checked and its gone, was $5000 from memory 7/10 condition.
How do you check past listings on gumtree ?

#26 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,400 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

There was sss coupe on gumtree in canberra on the weekend , but I just checked and its gone, was $5000 from memory 7/10 condition.
How do you check past listings on gumtree ?

If you have the link I usually check Google's cache of the page.

To do that simply put the URL into Google's search box and then when you see the URL listed in the search result, there will be a green URL below the heading in blue and a small down arrow next to it, click on the down arrow and you should see a menu item "cached" click on that to see what Google-bot saw when it indexed the URL.

See attached screenshot.

I have other methods also, such as archive.org - but lately I've found it to be flakey.

*Edit archive.org result for a previously indexed pages.. (back in 2007)

https://web.archive....board,11.0.html

https://web.archive....forum/index.php

It's a used car salesman's worst enemy :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 9.23.35 PM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users