Lofty Drews Run.

peter t

Another fantastic run up to Lofty's place for a great BBQ and dinner and [too many] drinks. Even forgot to take pics but maybe others will add to mine. Had to pull out and take short cut home today due to sticky throttle. That will teach me to change things before a run. Thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of this great event. O0

post-100733-0-99164800-1440315398_thumb.jpg

post-100733-0-97728300-1440315411_thumb.jpg

post-100733-0-04889600-1440315425_thumb.jpg

post-100733-0-21962300-1440315446_thumb.jpg

post-100733-0-53360800-1440315457_thumb.jpg

Yep, LHD because all the countries they will pass through are LHD, a marvelously prepared car with so much attention to detail. Eg single Holley carb to simplify any maintenance required, light truck tyres because rally tyres won't last the distance, two fuel tanks so as to quarantine any bad batch of fuel. And so on.

It was a fantastic run and lunch, it was fully booked out, and great to have some of the people who have been so important to the ZCCQ's history attending on one of our 30th anniversary runs/events .  Thankfully the weather just got better and better once we hit the top of the range.

Always great to be so welcomed by Lofty and Judy Drews to there place

Afternoon run to Leyburn was great and a sensational dinner with the Drews in Clifton, and for all those who stayed, and some defiantly had tooooo many wines, I'm glad i was not one of them ^-^ i just drank scotch, after the beers.

Great run home over Spring Creek Mountain and brunch to boot :)

I will post some photos of the weekend and of the Peking to Paris Car when i can

Edited by 24 Dat

Hey guys was this posted anywhere to let any brisbane based owners know? will be ready to drive in about a month so will take any excuse to go for a run and meet a few local z owners........

As there was limited undercover space and BBQ we had to restrict numbers to 45 and was quickly filled with ZCCQ members, when your on the road please feel free to come to one of the ZCCQ monthly meetings at the Shannons club room 305 Montague Road West End last Thursday of the Month, just PM me the day before in case there is a venue change

Cheers

Dave

Edited by 24 Dat

ahh it was part of the z club.....yeah have let my membership lapse have been meaning to join for the last 18 months! will do.

Sorry that you missed it, for those who went on the "Dirt Run" it was 185kms with 43kms being dirt, about 23%  and the "Tarmac Run" was 220kms all on sensational roads, It was raining and miserable in Brisbane in the morning but on top of the range it was fantastic, everyone had a ball.

• 2 weeks later...