Classic Japan 2015

C.A.R.

http://www.classicjapan.org.au/

The Toyota Car Club of Australia (Vic) is proud to present the 5th Annual Classic Japan car and bike show.

Venue: Como Park North, South Yarra. Melbourne, Australia.

Date: Sunday, December 6, 2015

Event Schedule:

7:00am – 8:00am. Vendor set up and trailered vehicle arrival.

8:00am – 9:3oam. Gates open for entrant arrival.

9:30am – 2:00pm. Gates Closed (No vehicles to be moved or started during this time).

2:00pm – 3:00pm. Gates open for entrant exit.

3:00pm. Event closed.

Eligibility criteria:
Vehicles sold by a Japanese manufacturer with a build date up to (and including) December 31st, 1990. (25 years or older)
As per previous years vehicles sold by an Australian subsidiary such as the Holden (Isuzu) Gemini and Chrysler (Mitsubishi) Galant are eligible. If your unsure of your vehicles eligibility please send us a message via theFacebook page or email events@tccav.org.au

11885195_668092889957275_391153441661865

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attending:

Gareth. J.
KatoKid
Hemma
Phillay
Wayne

Stivva

Ilbert

Andrew_L26

Edited by Lurch ™

We haven't planned our end of year holidays yet, but if I'm still in the country I'll be there. First meet for me. I'm coming from the other side of town so I'll be looking to go there straight from home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First post updated.

Classic Japan & TCCA have lost their minds: Vehicles must now pre-book, there is a limit to 600 vehicles & the worst of all: 

"Entry is $15 and includes a $5 donation to our event charity."

They can get stuffed with these 'conditions of entry'. It seems to have become a money making exercise now too.
I'm out.

• Moderators

While I understand the need for them to understand how many cars will be attending and thus plan accordingly.

What I don't understand is why have a mandatory donation to charity.

People will vote For or Against with their feet - The same thing happened with camping at the Bathurst V8's a few years back.

Last time I went it was a $5 donation to charity...... So what is this extra $10 going to? Surely if it was a charity/fund raising event the council fees would be waived. Perhaps it's now being run by the power companies for extra profit ::)

Here's an idea..... what about moving to a lager venue.

I doubt the council fees would be waived but given the event has been run there for a few years now I imagine they have been able to cover those costs to this point.

It will be interesting to see what sort of additional amenity they offer with the extra $10 entry this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...