Sign in to follow this  
adam

WTB: 240z gear knob button

I had a look at that John. As I read it, Adam used a red 260Z shift pattern button (supplied by you) in a wooden 4-speed knob. I have attached a pic from Adam's build log as per your link.

It looks nice - but not like an original 240Z item.

** Edit -  I just realised that the author of this post is another Adam - the Adam referred to above is acf321 Adam (the builder of the famous 'Brown Hornet' 240Z). 

post-2526-144023805005_thumb.jpg

You may want to look at this

I believe that this may have been one of the standard issued knobs throughout the S30 series.

Cheers

John

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z-280Z-SHIFT-KNOB-/391170484391?hash=item5b1393e8a7&vxp=mtr

You may want to look at this

I believe that this may have been one of the standard issued knobs throughout the S30 series.

Cheers

John

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z-280Z-SHIFT-KNOB-/391170484391?hash=item5b1393e8a7&vxp=mtr

That's a 260z knob. And expensive at $150 USD + postage.

Here is a 5 speed button I made, if I can get my mould sent over to me , I will make some more. They are not perfect but I think they turned out ok .

post-869-144023805039_thumb.jpg

Let me know how you go with that, Taylor.. They look good enough for me (and my car).

Worse comes to worse though, I will just buy the ones linked on the 1st page by mossy.

Hello Taylor,

It looks great, and as I seem to keep saying  :-[, I would be interested in buying one too.

Can you please confirm that what I have assumed about your buttons is correct?

The

In the original buttons the shift pattern and gear numbers had depth/height as you can see in the close up pic attached.

From what I have read and seen, the buttons that Taylor made (tailor-made buttons?  ;)) were moulded and therefore had depth.

Would it be helpful to you if we estimated how many members here would be interested?

Would it be easier and/or better for you to supply them unpainted?