aircobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

#15 and #16 on this diagram
https://www.zcardepo...&search=200-518
my ones are totally gone. it looks like one of those "british pipe thread" fittings and some sort of a copper washer (guessing only)
looks like brass body and a steel nipple on it
any ideas?

#2 theremm

theremm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

I need a whole new water connector setup for my N36 manifold - pipes and all.

Following this thread, hoping some more information comes to surface in respect to replacing the entire water connector/pipe setup.

#3 aircobra

aircobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

the zcarsource guys has the ones that go into the thermostat and the outer connect points - that's the link i posted
he also has the rubber hose that goes from the thermostat

#4 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

I need a whole new water connector setup for my N36 manifold - pipes and all.

Mine started rotting out many many years ago & I simply disconnected it all & removed the remnants after nearly getting stranded when one of the small rubber hoses blew. I just used a threaded plug on the thermostat housing. That was with the original flat-tops. Later on I installed round-tops. With both types of carbs the car ran fine without all that water pre-heat system or whatever the hell it's for.

But if you want to or have to rebuild the water reticulation system then I would have thought generic brass or steel nipples would be available in the right sizes from Supercheap or somesuch - maybe hanging on one of those small-parts & bolts display mobiles you see in there??? Or look online. And I'd replace the central metal pipe between the two manifolds (which corrodes & blocks with scale anyway) with a rubber pipe as with the rest.

#5 theremm

theremm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

Mmm might try removing them all together :) planning to use the N36 with roundtops on a 240z

#6 aircobra

aircobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:13 AM

my one already had a rubber hose in between.
does anyone know the size? i've tried a couple of brass fittings at bunings and that didn't work

#7 PeterH

PeterH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

I have a spare set of carbies on E88m manifolds dismantled at the moment.... the nut, item 15, in the link has a metric fine thread M16 X 1.5.
A bit odd for a water fitting into aluminium but that's what it is....doubt that you'd get a fitting unless it came from a hydraulic supplier and its doubtful . Item 16 is a rubber seal of some sort ...mine was badly damaged and maybe not even original. The tube is 10mm outside diameter.

Attached Thumbnails

• 47611_e4d4e4c792f895820a393d4ba40dc0d775749e2b.jpg

#8 PeterH

PeterH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:40 AM

The seals item 16 are listed in the parts book as (14013-73400 ring - rubber water tube) I'm sure a thick section o ring would do the job.

#9 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

I presume the purpose of the water circulation is to bring the air/fuel mix to a warmer temperature more quickly & so shorten the period of rich mixture / choke needed thereby saving fuel, is that it in a nutshell?
To me, for a hobby car only driven sporadically, fuel economy hardly seems worth considering.
And all the extra pipes/hoses/connections are more things to leak or burst or go wrong, as I've already experienced.
Is there any 'road worthy' requirement in Australia to retain them as a factory fitment?

There are suppliers of such fittings on-line, if you can correctly size/ID what you need you could well be in luck.
And not Bunnings, maybe try a Supercheap or Repco small auto parts stand for brass fittings like I suggested earlier. Or go to an industrial hose couplings supplier - Yellow Pages - they will have them, & adaptors if needed too.

#10 aircobra

aircobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

ok, went to enzed and they had a M10x1.5 adapter, which then took a brass nipple insert
all fine and dandy, except that the fitting is mild steel, totally uncoated, so that
he said he had a stainless version that he could order ( at $30), so i'll keep on looking for a brass version
supercheap/repco didn't have anything ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users