coilovers for the lazy bloke.

Stivva

Can somebody point me in the direction of some adjustable coilovers that I can bolt in. And if thats not a possibility, show me what to buy, piece by piece for the four corners and tell me who can do the weld up and installation. I would rather give someone the car and pay them to collect the parts and install them.

Can somebody point me in the direction of some adjustable coilovers that I can bolt in. And if thats not a possibility, show me what to buy, piece by piece for the four corners and tell me who can do the weld up and installation. I would rather give someone the car and pay them to collect the parts and install them.

I fitted an almost bolt on kit for a 240Z to an Sr20DET powered 200B. I'll find it and tag you if i can.

Mark

Acrow builders house props, two nuts, weld spring perch to one of the nuts.

Machine ID so it just slips over strut tube. Couple spot welds top and bottom.

The nuts are able to be thinned a bit, so that they have smooth flat faces.

Bit rough, but somewhat low cost!

Only problem with this MCA bloke is that the 07 number indicates he is interstate, so I can't drop the car off and pick it up complete.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/D2-Racing-RS-Coilovers-36-Way-Adjustable-70-78-240Z-260Z-280Z-Suspension-Kit-/221793747215?hash=item33a3f0010

Can I buy the above and pay someone to weld on the required parts, would that be all that I would need? Or a similar kit?

Only problem with this MCA bloke is that the 07 number indicates he is interstate, so I can't drop the car off and pick it up complete.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/D2-Racing-RS-Coilovers-36-Way-Adjustable-70-78-240Z-260Z-280Z-Suspension-Kit-/221793747215?hash=item33a3f0010

Can I buy the above and pay someone to weld on the required parts, would that be all that I would need? Or a similar kit?

So happy to get crap suspension from the states and get someone to weld it in... But taking your car to a workshop and saying remove my suspension and send it to mca is to hard?

Yes, too hard. I don't know a mechanics that would be happy to leave the car jacked up on a hoist for roughly three weeks while the struts were out and interstate.

I also live an hour away from my car and have done so now for over 12 months. I don't have a garage, a carport or a shed at my house to be able to pull the struts out. I haven't even been able to even bring the zed to my house since i moved. So yes, this is actually all to hard for me. I need to be able to drop my car somewhere and be able to pick it up completed.

Yes, too hard. I don't know a mechanics that would be happy to leave the car jacked up on a hoist for roughly three weeks while the struts were out and interstate.

I also live an hour away from my car and have done so now for over 12 months. I don't have a garage, a carport or a shed at my house to be able to pull the struts out. I haven't even been able to even bring the zed to my house since i moved. So yes, this is actually all to hard for me. I need to be able to drop my car somewhere and be able to pick it up completed.

That is a service that is hard to find!

I am doing exactly this for a fellow Qld member of this forum.

Another option if I could borrow a set of struts and send those to get converted into coilovers by MCA then upon completion of the build I could give the lender my old struts...

Fulcrum? had to send mine to Sydney for the fronts but were done within the week. That was for the bottoms to be welded onto the sleeves. Get some cheap eBay ones and send them away for them to rebuild. Leave your old ones in while you wait.

I agree with Mossy, but even when you get a new set of coilovers, you are going to have to set all the heights and swap the brakes over etc. That in my experience is a pretty big job in itself. As with other "bolt in" options for the zed it still can take a bit of time to get it all sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Kanden suspension in Japan make a bolt in kit.

You will need to press in your stub axles and get new rear bearings.

But they are as bolt in as you can get and are very high quality.

You can contact Nori San through the bmd ( Barramundi design wheels )

Face book page.

He speak very good English.

Cheers Doug

post-3824-144023803617_thumb.jpg