Gordo takes over the Peter Mac Build.

From rear edge of front splitter base, with cut outs and fold ups to clear front tyres, to all the way back to where floor pan turns up, just in front f rear suspension.

And another flat bottom, turned up in front of where stock fuel tank would be, full width into rear f wheel wells, going back to rear f body lip, fully enclsed.

A couple of fins either side of centre, and at outer edges f that section, will clean up some turbulence.

All good for high speed, ie Conrod, turn 1 at Eastern Creek, and likewaise at PI

• 2 weeks later...

That's a bit more than just "toying" Gordo! Looks very sewrious.

Trying to figure out if I'm seeing things.....looks like there is a alloy box or is it  skid plate of some kind under your bellhousing.....what is it?

On the passenger side there is small cut out for my Data1 timing transponder . I place it in from the top in a black plastic holder. This might be what you can see. Otherwise the bottom is flat.

Ok , now I see what you mean. I have made a small drip tray to catch oil dripping from the rear main. There is an obsorbant material sitting inside.

post-101507-0-85120100-1446248503_thumb.jpg

The good thing is you have added weight at the lowest point.

I would say this is a good learning exercise, you will find any weak points, you know what they say, you can't make an omelet without getting egg on you face (or am I scrambling my metafores).

Edited by redrbzed

So after an email discussion with my aero engineer. Some of you might know of him as redrbzed or Sinisha . We are both playing the same game, Big wings and aero stuff.

I've added two more bonnet vents to relive under bonnet pressure just behind the radiator. Raised the rear ride height for some more rake, will help the flat bottom create down force. Added side skirts to stop out side air coming under the car, and keep a nice uninterrupted air flow under the car that hopefully help the rear defuser do its job.

Here are some pics I took today.

post-101507-0-31315800-1446538208_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-02382300-1446538238_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-23983900-1446538277_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-50385500-1446538310_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-82551400-1446538348_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-29438100-1446538388_thumb.jpg

Hi Gordo,

I may have posted this before, but here are some great links to aero information and specifically some zed stuff that will most likely be a help to you:

How the different aero components work:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6R7zR4ZbGkOjkUA73UAD9sQBtdSseb58

HybridZ Wind Tunnel Testing:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/55944-windtunnel-test-data/

Video of the testing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikekellyBKA2005/videos

Great work for the first round! It's what i've always wanted to do, but unfortunately my build doesn't really suit full aero anymore. I think you might be able to optimise some elements like the diffuser strakes, fences, rear wing etc to get some good gains too. Your intake area still looks a bit too big too and you can still loose some frontal drag there. I think the HybridZ thread talks about the exact area size you need.

I've had this idea for a while. So with the help of my son Scott we shot this short video last weekend. lol. He spent all last night putting it together. Thanks mate. this is our first attempt . But you get the idea. Was a bit of fun. Could have put lots more in it. But some times less is best. Hope you like it.

Here is the link.