Great to be healthy, have a weekend at home and have time in the shed. I managed to get quite a few jobs done around the house early each day then hit the shed after smoko both days. Hung all of the front components, guards, sugar scoops, valance, fitted the cowel and sat the bonnet on. They all went on come off and then went on again several times. I had a set of aftermarket sugar scoops that looked good but after fitting them and comparing them to the OEM pair I have I decided the final result was worth spending time repairing the original set. The reproductions it turns out are different lengths, not only to each other but to the OEM parts. The reproduction RH side scoop is about 11mm shorther than the OEM one but the LH is about 4mm longer than the OEM.
So the final combination is OEM inner guard spacers, reproduction guards OEM sugar scoops, OEM bonnet, valance and cowel panel. It actually all fits together quite well. The top of both guards at the junction with the sugar scoop in the same place on both sides needn’t a small of work.
Also managed to get a couple of other jobs started.
If I was making a video like HB Jeff I think I would have a good 10 hours of raw footage.