I managed a few hours over the weekend to almost finish off the passenger’s side, ( just need to weld up a couple of small pin holes then grind them off). started cutting into the driver’s side to give it the same treatment as the passenger’s side.
Also spent some time cleaning up some parts. Pulled the bearings off the rear drive shafts and cleaned them up ready to fit new bearings at some stage. This is a great time in a project as there is so many jobs that need doing. If you feel like detail work, grinding and cutting or just pulling something apart always lots to do.
I have also posted some photos of my rear slam panel repairs, that I started before I started this thread. I’m still mulling over the repair to the Passengers side tail light area. I have had a few false starts at this as I basically need to re build the complete top of it. It’s quite fiddly. I think I will make a wood negative of this area and use it as a pattern, not sure yet.
Rocky was not much help this weekend as our Daughter is home from university and all he wanted to do was walk, sleep and eat, the life of a dag…