The Poms are buying our Zeds!

C.A.R.

• Administrators

No I don't recall seeing it either. It looks familiar like someone who used to work at Zfactory / Zworx in Melbourne used to own it around early 2000s. Is she a 73 model?

• Administrators

Possibly, the photo made it look purple but it could definitely be the carsales car. Interior shot would confirm as it was all shades of grey haha.

• Administrators

Yeah the center caps have been removed because blue anodized wheel caps were very early 2000s...

Check this out...

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13593-classic-car-bubble/page-3?do=findComment&comment=164828

Are we in a bubble?

That's the car, yes. I know new owner paid very strong money for the car. But told it is in quite superb condition.

Call it £35k on the road in UK (A$70k). That's really cheap versus (say) a 1980 911 SC for similar money. The 911 will be pretty ropey at £35k. The Z a stunner. More headroom yet I think for prices to edge up

In the Carsales ad this car had Victorian 'Club Permit' plates - and the ad includes the sentence -  "It has been a pleasure to restore & has won many Concourse events."

So why doesn't anyone here remember this car? Do you have secret concours d'elegance events in Victoria?

• Administrators

So why doesn't anyone here remember this car? Do you have secret concours d'elegance events in Victoria?

I think because the car won a lot of those trophies in early 2000s when it was restored and has been hidden away ever since. I never saw the car in person myself. Just photos of it around early 2000s.

http://zhome.com/Dec99/AussieConv.htm

God I need a new hobby...I think.

AussieConc.JPG

At first I didn't recognise the car without it's centre caps and the paint looked "purple" more than blue.

• Administrators

That's the car, yes. I know new owner paid very strong money for the car. But told it is in quite superb condition.

Call it £35k on the road in UK (A$70k). That's really cheap versus (say) a 1980 911 SC for similar money. The 911 will be pretty ropey at £35k. The Z a stunner. More headroom yet I think for prices to edge up

Yes that's my feeling also, people are getting priced out of early 911s and coming here (for S30z's), like we're second best or something.

• Administrators

Oh I was being sarcastic, I love my S30z's and kind of feel they have been under appreciated until recently it seems anyway. But be careful what you wish for, with increased appreciation has come increased prices.

As I say to my work colleague with his 944 at least they put the motor in the right end. 

Ha Ha

I'm moving engines - back to front! My other 'correctly' located engine'd cars...

My collection is close to my ideal set - now with the addition of the 240z. I honestly can't think of another sensibly priced front engine'd classic car I'd rather have. Its perfect - as it:

* has great style

* a decent drive

* is robust and reliable

* appreciating in value (I just love free motoring!) and appreciated

* iconic and timeless

post-104312-0-95504800-1440666443_thumb.jpg

post-104312-0-88308600-1440666484_thumb.jpg