#1 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

I came across this on bookface & I thought everyone might want to know...

FourWays Eng in the UK have just imported two 240Z's into the UK from Australia! > :(
Obviously the exchange rare & the demand for rust free Zeds in the UK is increasing.

https://www.facebook...waysEngineering
11251266_836743129729471_555087406978921

Monday morning delivery fresh from Australia.
2 right hand drive, rust free imports ready to see the British roads for the summer!

Here is the Red car for sale before it was shipped:
http://www.justauto....ORTS-JCM3556747

It's something to keep in mind if you are selling your Zed - 'who exactly are you selling it to?'
We don't have many left & we don't need other country's poaching our Zeds!

Edited by gav240z, 25 August 2015 - 11:21 PM.
Fix broken image link.

#2 nizm0zed

nizm0zed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Tagline:260z coupe in slow build, Now with RB25DE powah!!

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

not to sound callous, but so what?
If someone buys it they can do whatever they want with it, and if it goes overseas it increases the value of the rest of our cars due to increasing rarity.
Perhaps it'll get to a point where us Australians are shopping for zeds from USA/Canada and other places around the world?
It does kind of suck though that as they become more rare and expensive, some of the enthusiasts will never be able to get into one.
I know at the prices they go for now i never would have been able to afford mine...

#3 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

Makes you wonder how japan feels with everyone steeling their classics these days. I would love to pick up a Hako project. I've already stolen a 300ZX and RX-7 from them!

#4 smugley

smugley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Tagline:71 240z tarmc rally car

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

Nothing new .
I had an early vin car that my uncle brought new in 1970 from the Melbourne motor show and sold it back in the 90's to a chap who was sending it back to Japan with a number of other zed's .

Early Porsche's are are also going back to England and the USA in droves as our low dollar makes them very cheap compared to the prices over there.
It's very much a global market for classic cars and most don't worry to much about the left/right hand drive thing .

#5 YosemiteZed

YosemiteZed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Tagline:Rust never Sleeps

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

Just remember this also another market for "Zeds permanently borrowed by unkowns"
I believe we are still missing a couple that have not shown up yet

Phil

#6 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

The S30z market is a global market, I'm surprised people in the UK haven't been looking here earlier. Given that we have 'correct hand drive'. What have I been saying all along anyway? HS30's are rare. HSL30's are common but even they are becoming more rare as time goes by.

I've seen a few ex-Australian/NZ car's in Japan for sale (HS30's) but not Fairlady 240z's for sale. So a few made their way over there.

Nothing new .
I had an early vin car that my uncle brought new in 1970 from the Melbourne motor show and sold it back in the 90's to a chap who was sending it back to Japan with a number of other zed's .

Early Porsche's are are also going back to England and the USA in droves as our low dollar makes them very cheap compared to the prices over there.
It's very much a global market for classic cars and most don't worry to much about the left/right hand drive thing .

When the Global Recession happened in the UK back in 2007/8 a lot of Ferrari's and Aston Martins were sold to Australian's..When the GBP dropped in value.

Just remember this also another market for "Zeds permanently borrowed by unkowns"
I believe we are still missing a couple that have not shown up yet

Phil

That is actually my only concern about this.... What I suspect may have been going on here too!
http://www.viczcar.c...p?topic=15414.0

Dodgy bastard was telling me about how a mechanic down in Hawthorn was selling cars (S30z's) overseas and making a good profit. I have heard this urban legend before.

I read between the lines anyway... Don't trust ADM motors in Caulfield.

#7 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

You should worry about "Canadia" haha.

LOOK AT THEM, A WHOLE 3 MINS of GORGING THEMSELVES ON CLASSIFIED PHOTOS.  8)

Attached Thumbnails

• 46169_1e653b2a897625be7db0ae72729e4ffcf19ea823.png

#8 74zzz

74zzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

yep the market has gone a little crazy in the last few years so glad i got in when i did.......would like to ad a 1600 to the garage also before they go mental also:)

#9 oldmates260z

oldmates260z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

I have heard that many of the 240k and Toyota Crowns have been bought from Australia for the Japanese market. Do not know how true that is  :o

#10 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

240k's are popular in the middle-east. I've also been asked to keep an eye out for a 240K for someone in California.

#11 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

The S30 is still incredibly under valued here as a world class performance car, I'm afraid that most Australians value a car based on what they paid for it rather than any real evaluation of the physical car itself. That and the enduring fallacy that somehow euro cars are better and that only those who can't afford one settle for second best, a Japanese car.

I'm afraid that as far as your average 'car enthusiast' here goes most of them are 90% image influenced and just follow the mob  ::)

#12 Lynton

Lynton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

Yep and globally 2+2's are even rarer .....thump!
Lynton

#13 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

The S30 is still incredibly under valued here as a world class performance car, I'm afraid that most Australians value a car based on what they paid for it rather than any real evaluation of the physical car itself. That and the enduring fallacy that somehow euro cars are better and that only those who can't afford one settle for second best, a Japanese car.

I'm afraid that as far as your average 'car enthusiast' here goes most of them are 90% image influenced and just follow the mob  ::)

Do and don't agree, early rotary coupe's are particularly valuable in our market and more appreciated here than they are in say the US / North American markets. I think S30z's have been slow to appreciate yes, but in the last couple of years things have certainly changed. The old "Jap Crap" tag is slowly becoming a relic of the past. Frankly I'm surprised by the increased interest in recent year, even in some lesser known Japanese stuff. Websites like Speedhunters have put a magnifying glass over these makes with a younger generation.

Just the other day I was at the Cinema and saw an Video Arcade Machine with an S30z on it, you see them more and more in pop culture, music videos, movies, tv programs, automotive programs (recently wheeler dealers) etc..

Funny enough when some complained that I was posting international cars for sale in the third party car sales thread etc.. I decided to split the thread into the global market and local market threads. Although not many have replied on the global thread I can tell you it's 1 of the most popularly viewed threads on this site...So there is definitely interest in what's happening in the market on a global level. 

#14 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

Yep and globally 2+2's are even rarer .....thump!
Lynton

I was just looking today, not many 2+2s on the market at all... Used to be several around now it seems they have all disappeared. Where will we get our spares parts from now? :P

#15 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

The first zed I owned I sold on eBay to a guy in England. It now resides in Scotland and is fairly well known in the
World wide zed community.
http://www.speedhunt.../10/260z015.jpg

#16 Mr Camouflage

Mr Camouflage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Tagline:www.wazcars.com

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

240k's are popular in the middle-east. I've also been asked to keep an eye out for a 240K for someone in California.

Good luck with that. Most sell within an hour of being advertised.

#17 potter260

potter260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Tagline:Currently enjoying the journey, not yet at the destination

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

I am guilty of cutting and scrapping my first 2+2 and I thought the only things worth keeping was the engine/driveline and gauges for my 2 seater shell

#18 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

I was just looking today, not many 2+2s on the market at all... Used to be several around now it seems they have all disappeared. Where will we get our spares parts from now? :P

On some car sale site I looked at the other day there were only +2's for sale but their prices were up there where two seaters used to be not so long ago.

#19 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:14 AM

Meeh, 4-5 years ago when the aussie dollar was on parity (or better) than the U.S dollar, we imported thousands of US muscle cars, same deal.
This has nothing to do with rust free aussie examples being sort after , but moreso our weak dollar against pounds sterling.

#20 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

For the Pommylanders it probably has more to do with their own rusting out years ago plus a renewed interest in the S30. Hopefully some of that interest will translate into renewed motorsport involvement and not just be a transient fanboi thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users