#41 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

Alan, we have tried the mathod of approach to the "contact us" section of Nissan Japan's website, on both ccaisions the reply was " we do not have records that date back that far, sorry"
And that there was no person at their website able to assist.

Back to square 1.!

I did meet Kazuo Hioki at Zama, but have no contact detail for him direct.
He very fondly recalled his time spent in Australia, and recalled the Group C Bluebird turbo race cars, as well as the very unique rally car Nissan Australia built for George Fury.
Kazuo even asked if I would lile to donate that car for it to be displayed at Zama.
But, that was 5 years ago, and, as above, I have no contact for him.

Do you think he may be able to assist in obtainng a "letter of confirmation of manufacture"?

#42 HS30-H

HS30-H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

I did meet Kazuo Hioki at Zama, but have no contact detail for him direct.

Hioki san is a friend of mine, but he has now left the Nissan group and works for JAF. I don't think he'll be able to help you.

Honestly, I think you need to get old school on this. Forget e-mails. Nissan receives thousands of random e-mails every day and you're unlikely to get past the first few people who filter such correspondence. My advice would be to start through Nissan Australia (going over their heads may be seen as a snub) and if no joy there start writing letters (on paper) to Nissan in Japan.

The guys who curate the collection at Zama (Safari Motors) really ought to be able to help with this kind of thing, but - in my personal experience - the top dog there doesn't know his arse from his elbow...

#43 Mike260LW

Mike260LW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

OK, so they overheat, what then has been done to counter that, front and rear.

Had a brief chat with Switzer yesterday, apparently the Zed's head gasket was leaking but he was going to push on. Don't know what happened to Mike, he was gone early arvo today. Adler in his Porker two bloody seconds clear of everyone, WTF were the rest of them doing  ::)

Sorry I missed you Richard at MP on Sunday.  I had a "character building" weekend which wasn't helped by torrential rain on Friday with the resultant bog in the marquee pits.  I went up to do my Observed Licence Test in the regularity.  Clutch master cylinder failed putting the car on the trailer so had to replace (not an easy one man job) and bleed clutch and brakes in the mud.  Went out in practice and qualifying on road tyres - wrong choice. Had a good first run on flogged out race tyres battling with a couple of Porsches then motor went off-song for the second round. Securing bolt for carby choke fell out allowing choke to rattle around and block jets.  Normally safety wired but had work done on Carbies and not replaced.  Didn't feel like pulling airbox and carbies off in the mud.  CAMS officials very accommodating, said they'd seen enough and signed off paper work.  Packed up and went home to dry off!  Stan Adler was doing 1:28s, for what it is worth.

#44 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

Consider yourself extremely lucky to have gotten signed off on your OLT, in a Regularity grid!
It s supposed to be done in a Race grid!
But dont go telling everyone, or we may ( i hope we do!) get an influx f Southerners turning up for the July Historics doing their OLT's!

Ask tye question of the HRCC f you can run as "Invited car" with the ( usually!) low grid numbers field in Group S for the July meet. Gove Stan a call and ask him for acceptance, of your heavy spec (???) Tarmac rally car, on treaded type tyres,,,,,
They've let McKeon run the slck shod car, in past!

#45 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

Yeh it was muddy where you were Mike, someone told me you had an off and that's why your tyres were muddy :)  So how's the Sc coming along, you realise that the hopes of the Q S30 community are riding on your shoulders to pip Adler. Or else do a Jason on him  ;D

#46 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

Yeh it was muddy where you were Mike, someone told me you had an off and that's why your tyres were muddy :)  So how's the Sc coming along, you realise that the hopes of the Q S30 community are riding on your shoulders to pip Adler. Or else do a Jason on him  ;D

and what would "doing a jason on him " be?

Mike will get up to speed just nicely at the Qld tracks, the task will be to keep Andy Wilsons very quick little 105 Alfa at bay.

This is fun!

#47 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

Great must watch video, thought the Alfa had a couple of chances to try to draft the Mustang down the front straight there.

#48 hmd

hmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

I found one of my brake issues was with the Master Cylinder leaking. Although not ideal the group S brake situation is a bit more under control now.

James Flett gave me his secret pads and fluid to use and a mission to try all different replacement rotors so that we can have good alternatives to the end of production of the Brembo.

I bought these discs from the USA on ebay where they had really reasonable freight charge and before the AUD tanked.
http://www.stoptech....-premium-rotors
I can report that these discs are holding up quite well.

As for what pads to use you need to ask James, I've sworn to secrecy :)

#49 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

StopTech make good calipers, have heard that some of their rotors are made by Brembo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users