#21 theremm

theremm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

I have just the stock L24. Hopefully the 2 core should be just fine then once it is all flushed out. He said the core seemed in good condition despite the blockages. I didn't get exact prices but when enquiring about upgrading the 2 core to a 3 core I was told $450 upwards. Not sure exactly what that included as I wasn't considering that option at this point in time.

#22 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Dropped it off last week (2000 Sports radiator) and needed a new triple core as mine was too far gone to clean. Not that I have a firm price yet but looking at $600-$700. A bit more than I thought. Will see how it goes.....

Did this shop tell you that the new core will be exactly the same as the original core?
Ie same no of tubes, and same no of fins per inch?
If so then it may be that we have finally found a source for the cores the Datsun Sports originall had.

This original core was very efficient!

#23 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

I just had one done the other week from a mob in Coopers plains for about that kind of money.

No one has asked theremm if it is a standard or worked engine.  More horsepower, more heat, simple physics. More heat you will require a bigger radiator I.e upgrade from a two row core to a three row core if you want to stay with the stock look. They can even squeeze a four row core between top and bottom tanks.

Did they run through the Adrad book and offer you the Holden HJ-HZ V8 unit, as a stock new replacement, rather than a new core to your existing? Stock new are a fair bit less in cost due to lower labour cost, but only if you can get them.
40 year old cars can be a touch difficult getting bit for,,,,

#24 oldmates260z

oldmates260z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

Did this shop tell you that the new core will be exactly the same as the original core?
Ie same no of tubes, and same no of fins per inch?
If so then it may be that we have finally found a source for the cores the Datsun Sports originall had.

This original core was very efficient!

Original was 13FPI and I think he said 112 tubes, replacement 13FPI and 108 tubes and will be drop back in place on same mounting holes.

That at $630 and a week to do is pretty good I believe.

The old one was full of rubbish so I have great expectations for the re-core....  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users