2 replies to this topic

#1 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:35 PM

I've had a hick up with the drivers door glass on my latest 240 project, door was dissasembled when I bought the car and theres a lot of spare parts that came with the car. Got it all back together easily enough but it looks like I might have used late 260 winding mechanism. Can anybody here tell me if there is a difference between the 240 and the later 260 2 seaters window winding mechanism seeing there is an apparent difference with the later model 260 2 seater doors?

Thanks
Sulio

#2 crowe

crowe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

Hey Sulio,

not sure if your still chasing this info or not, yes there is a difference. The late 260 window winders are different and so too is the "sash" that holds the glass. The later model has 4 bolt holes in the sash whereas i believe earlier models only had two or three. These different bolt holes cahnge the mounts for the winder mechanism.

My winders are late 260 and they are hard to find, my sash is rusted out and i have to get one from japan as i do not want to change all the winder mechansim etc etc.

I have a picture i can email you of the sash type i have, may clear things up a little for you

Thans for the heads up on the site, all logged and it shoulf help me alot in the resto process

struts havent arrived yet, tully is the ass end of the world with regards to postage :)

cheers callum

#3 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

Thanks Callum,

Got the photo of the window holder. I believe I have the late 260 holder but it still does'nt show the mechanism. I will have try to fit the 240 part. If this works I would be glad to send you the 260 mechanism if you need the right hand side seeing it would just be lying around in the garage anyway.
I'm guessing you should have got the strutt braces today. Don't stress though, if they go astray they are insured anyhow so I'd work something out if that was to happen.

Cheers
Sulio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users