4 replies to this topic

#1 blu260z

blu260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

Hi guys I have started disconnecting the A/C on my 260z. I have disconnected the compressor, condenser, receiver, and all copper / flex lines in the engine bay related to it. I haven't disconnected anything Inside the car as I would still like the fan and heating to still be working.  What else can be removed ? The aircon vacuum tank or does the provide for other parts of the car, or even the A/C vacuum solenoid. Hopefully someone is able to help me. Also this full kit will be up in the forsale section once its all stripped :)
  • TimurTulynkin likes this

#2 blu260z

blu260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

I think i may have sorted it myself i have removed the vacuum tank and solenoids. I blanked off the vacuum line into the intake with the brake booster vacuum line and all seems to run fine  :) if i am wrong please feel free to let me know 👍

#3 oldmates260z

oldmates260z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

The below link shows most of the typical parts in the car for AC. You will have the evaporator and TX valve inside the car behind the dash. If you are going to sell the whole setup you will have to remove it. If you leave it in make sure you seal off very well the pipes.

Once you have pulled the parts out ensure each section is well capped off as AC systems hate moisture and contaminants.

Not sure what you mean by the vacuum tank and solenoids  ???

http://www.carpartsm.../Default.aspx#1

#4 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

The A/C-type-heater box is different to the non-A/C heater box, larger & with more controls as you'd expect.
If you're looking to sell the whole set-up as you say then you'd be swapping out your existing A/C-type-heater box & retro-fitting a non-A/C heater box, otherwise unless someone already has their own A/C-type-heater box then the rest isn't much good to them as they won't have the controls!

#5 blu260z

blu260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

Thanks gilltech thats what I figured just the compressor, condenser  and the hard lines will be up for sale if the buyer wants them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users