• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldmates260z

oldmates260z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

Sorry if there is another thread like this one...

How hard is it to get a Zed registered in NSW if I bring it in from interstate? QLD is relatively easy but I remember having to take them across the PITS in Sydney and that was very hard.

#2 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

Gidday

The hardest part is you will need to a get "Blue Slip" these can be obtained from a nunber of workshops.
Once you have that organise some insurance and you should be good to go.

This is different, and some say easier, then the old "Pits" at the registration office

Everything you need to know is on the RMS website

http://www.rms.nsw.g...nd-handvehicles

#3 oldmates260z

oldmates260z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Ok, that sounds similar to QLD then.

Just wondering if you need to ensure it has the pollution control gear on it and are there any things special to NSW. I have heard that the number plates have to stepped off the body so the speed cameras can catch them more clearly.

#4 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

Re the number plates, I am no expert but I am pretty sure that the only requirement is that they are not on an angle.
There are some exceptions though ie EVO's

Polution control - officially any gear that was fitted when the vehicle was new must still be in place and operational.

#5 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,387 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

RE: Number plates I doubt it, The FD RX-7 has the rear plate sit in the gap in the rear bumper here.
Posted Image

In fact the NSW plate doesn't quite fit in this space because it's designed for smaller Japanese plates, so it's bent at the edges to make it fit. I've not had any problems with Blue or Pink slips.

The big difference in NSW is that you require an annual 'pink slip' this is similar to the UK MOT tests that get done every year, you must have the pink slip pass result to re-register your car in NSW.

For Anti-Pollution gear I think it comes down to how strict the inspector wants to be, but with old cars like this I think there would be a little more leverage. Might also depend on year of 260z?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users