5 replies to this topic

#1 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

Just looking for some recommendations on wide band Air Fuel meters. I'm after something hand held, need to be plug and play, no hard hard wiring or permanent fixtures/gauges.

I had a hand held Innovate LM2 that was lost in the fire. It was fantastic for tuning the FCR's, the only issue was it seemed to have a dodgey connection and would lose power occasionally.

Looking at something like this

http://pages.ebay.co...id=151490840636

NEW Fast 170401 Single Sensor Wide-Band Digital Air/Fuel Meter

#2 Jason89

Jason89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hey, check out tech edge. http://www.wbo2.com/default.htm
Ive had mine for atleast 5 years and it hasnt missed a beat. I've got the sensor in a sniffer pipe to clamp to the exhaust and a cig jack so i can throw it onto anything.
Mine was a DIY kit with a built in screen. If i killed this one, id buy another one.

#3 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

Thanks Jason, I'm not too handy with the soldering iron. Does this have any data and rpm logging ability?

#4 Jason89

Jason89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

Yeah i think they will all log. Inputs for rpm, tps, thermocouple, anything really. They have a 0-5v output which is all ive really used to wire up to haltech ecus. There is alot to read on the website, it can be hard to follow if you dont know what your looking for.

#5 Six_Shooter

Six_Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Tagline:Canuckian

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

I've used an SLC_DIY1 and an SLC_PP2 from www.14point7.com for a number of years now.

Most of their devices are meant for permanent install, but I have used both my DIY1 and PP2 as portable devices, by simply adding cigarette lighter (power port) plugs. Using one with a switch allows you to easily control power when needed. Both of the units I have are capable of logging several additional inputs. The PP2 has onboard logging capability. Both units have USB connectivity which is one of the main reasons I have used 14point7.com WBO2 products. At the time they were one of two on the market I could find that had this capability. I hate USB to serial adapters, even the good ones are sometimes flaky.

#6 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

Interesting, thanks I'll check them out too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users