Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:12 PM
I'm currently trying to get my diff back into the 240 after performing a few mods and rebushing the whole back end.
To date, I've swapped the diff for an R180 WRX unit (with Betamotorsport outputs) and I'm also using the Technoversions diff "snubber" (the conical version).
The problem is, I can't get the front diff mount to line up properly with the underbody threaded holes.
It's out by 5mm-10mm.
I've tried taking the technoversions diff mount out in case the downward pressure is pushing it out of alignment and it hasn't helped.
Is the diff held in under tension between the front and rear mounts and hence, just requires me to wrestle it into place, or does it appear something is amiss?
Before you ask, I have checked the bottom diff mount and it's the correct way around. Any thoughts?
Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:19 PM
Try loosening the bolts which attach the insulator to the diff, the cross member and also the moustache bar to the under floor bolts. It should give you a little more wiggle room to get things started. I have this problem too sometimes, I get all four well started by hand before trying to nip anything up.
Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:36 PM
Ditto Gareth J - I also get the front mount bolts started & keep everything else well loose then gradually tighten them all in sequences.
You may well need some spacers on the rear diff studs.
Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:39 PM
I slackened off the diff insulator and that gave me JUST enough wiggle room to get it all lined up properly.
From there, it was all like big boys Meccano. She should be rolling again shortly!
Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:52 PM
You tighten these last.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users