Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

Luke240z

Z Care Shop, Brisbane.
? Thread started on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 6:35pm ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Everybody, If anyone is close to Brisbane and need original to high performance parts for their Zed. You should try the Z car shop. This Guy is the master when it comes to Z cars. He has competed in Rally and Track all over the world and if he doesn't know it it's not worth knowing. If your keen here are his details.

Z Car Shop - Alan Stean
14 Kenway Drive
Underwood, Brisbane.
07 3808 2755
? Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2004, 7:17pm by Luke240z ? 211.29.164.202

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke's Zed
1971 240Z HS30 01331
P30 | E88 | Ported and Polished | Stage 2 Cam | Triple Webers | Headers | Dynomax Turbo |

Gav240z
Administrator

Re: Z Care Shop, Brisbane.
? Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 6:47pm ?

I might give him a try in the search for an LD28 crankshaft

1972 Datsun 240z

g260

? Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:04pm ?

Gav,

If you are after an LD28 crank you might care to try Stewart Wilkins in Sydney. I know he acquired several recently of which two were purchased by members of the Z club , he may be able to help you out.

http://www.swmotorsport.com/home.htm

Geoff

Gav240z
Administrator

? Reply #3 on: Sep 24th, 2004, 03:21am ?

Excellent I might be getting somewhere afterall

1972 Datsun 240z

Gav240z
Administrator

? Reply #4 on: Sep 28th, 2004, 12:16am ?

Ok so who was it?

I emailed stewart about the crankshaft and he told me he had 1 so I replied with I'll take it and no response for a day or so. So I phoned him and he told me someone from "Melbourne" already called and bought it.

However I'm not angry , because he told me he was gonna order more in from the states or wherever he gets them and he'd contact me.

Approx 3 weeks which is fine because it gives me time to get some extra cash saved for other parts and I have set my goal for the end of the year anyway .

Just curious if it was anybody here?

Cheaky btw very cheaky

1972 Datsun 240z

zr240

? Reply #5 on: Sep 28th, 2004, 4:14pm ?

Gav what sort of money are they asking for the LD28 crankshaft?

Thanks
Ash

Gav240z
Administrator

? Reply #6 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 02:33am ?

$800 which to me is the best price I've seen seeing as I can't get 1 anywhere and importing one is even more expensive.

1972 Datsun 240z

zr240

? Reply #7 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 08:17am ?

Yer thats not too bad hey!
Still you would get alot more power from wacking a set of triples on but the cost of fuel would add up

Ash

Gav240z
Administrator

? Reply #8 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 10:44pm ?

Now now who's to say that I'm not going to put tripples on her after that ?

seriously I will be eventually putting the multiple throttle body set up or tripple carbs I guess it will depend on how often i use the car. If it ends up a Sunday car then probably get away with tripples however if I use the car regularly it would be more drivable and sensible on fuel with the injected set up .

For now it's the SU's while I refurbish the interior and take care of the suspension and brakes. Before i come back to the engine again .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users