Import Monster for Parts from Japan

fufu

Hi guys,

www.importmonster.com.au

I've been using Import Monster for certain hard to get Z parts.

They are Melbourne based company which basically has a web page that directly links to Yahoo Japan Auction and translates the description. The owner of Import Monster owns a AE86 and is on the hachi roku forum and he works at Toyota Dealer but i heard he has his eyes on a 240Z for his next car.

Basically how it works is, you deposit a certain amount into your import monster account. This can be done via paypal. From there you just bid on your item, to your desired set value, and the rest will be take out of the import monster account after a successful win. There is a contact in Japan that will do the shipping in either EMS/Air mail or Sea Container.

Although there are a few companies like this, this company would be the first to provide a fully functioning payment system and a browse feature integrated to Yahoo Auction Japan.

Other places will tell you to look at yahoo auction japan then direct deposit money into their accounts. Not to mention they really do overcharge on items when you calculations... such companies I'm referring too are Underground Import which is based in Clayton area. I did some research before and tried to get some cheap TEIN coilovers for a 180SX and it turned from a listing price of $300 to over $1000. DAMN BUGGERS OVER CHARGING!

There are a lot of products not only for Z's. Just recently i saw a used MSD ignition system, setup for L6 motors, with complete wiring and kaweari transistor box go for about $300.

Can also get other bargains such as recaros, GTR engines, r200 lsd for way cheaper than Australian used market.

He also does quick replies to your inquiries. I got a reply back within 2 hrs every time.

So yea give them a go... i can sure vote for them. Just type S30Z or 240Z in the search column.

* Just a note anything below $30AUD listing will cost you about $100 AUD to get to your house after all shipping and tax have been calculated. However if you buy stuff over $100 it is quite less, due to the fact that Import Monster charges a minimum administration fee.

• Administrators

I had a look and must say it looks like you can get some great stuff. I particularly like the old works seats and the fact you can get amber turn signal tail lights alot cheaper cause you are not bidding against US owners.

I'm sure I'll use the service at some stage provided others have a good experience with it. The website could use some help in terms of usability / design and functionality though.

• Administrators

And not so cheap ! $622 for a pair of headlight covers !

Standard nose cone chrome headlight covers are probably going for around $500 - $600 AU in brand new condition.

Expect to pay up to $1000 AU for Gnose covers with the chrome trim.

Eiji at www.datsunspirit.com might be a better option for some items. As they say shop around ;).

Of course it's better to shop around,

import monsters is just another location to find those not so easily found parts.

That being said, it's like eBay and that there are ridiculously priced parts there too. But also some ridiculously cheap parts too. Depends what you are willing to pay.

Need to shop around or look at other posts. But sometimes its about the same price however theres more supply than other auction sites. So it's really up to you in what you wish to get and how long you wish to wait for it. I mean if you want to spend $130 + $100 shipping for a turbo exhaust manifold from US then by all means wait for 2 or 3 months when it is listed and eBay it. Else check out Import Monsters and you could probably pick it up for $130 including postage and theres always someone posting it up.

As i said before it's just another place for parts. Doesn't mean the price is right for everything.

Some ridiculous prices I've seen.

I mean theres a rear brake conversion package for 2000 AUD... WTF.

Triple weber package anywhere from reasonable 500-3000

There are stuff thats ridiculously cheap so keep an eye out.

I mean turbo exhaust manifold from about $130.