6 replies to this topic

#1 jthompson165

jthompson165

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:49 PM

Hi,
Interested in casual racing in and around Canberra. Nothing serious as i do not want to race modify my car.

Is there any opportunities racing there and if so what are the rules for your car and driver.

#2 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

Head on up the road to Goulburn - Wakefield Park.

Regularity is a good way to ease into things, aimed more at driving at a "consistent" speed lap after lap, but you can go consistently fast if you wish.

Car preparation can be as simple as the basic safety stuff - a fire extinguisher, tow hooks in case you need to be dragged out of the kitty litter, etc, along with making sure the car is in good order (especially cooling system, brakes, and keep all fluids / oils well topped up). If you can wait that long, FoSC are doing a meeting in early May at Wakefield. Download their supplementary regulations (supp regs) and entry form when available (fosc.com.au), they also run an excellent "come and try" program with a little tuition / advice aimed at getting newcomers into motorsport.

Or drive a little further, they have a day at Eastern Creek with FoSC in early March. You will need an AASA / CAMS licence, just fill in the application form and pay your money.

If I sound like I'm plugging FoSC, its because I do a lot of their events and find them well run, informal and fun.

Or join one of the car clubs down your way - BMSC (bmsc.com.au) are mainly rally-oriented, not sure what other clubs are around. Even the Wakefield Park "Speed off the streets" days sound good

#3 jthompson165

jthompson165

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

cheers, super helpful :)

#4 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

Dont forget Marulan also...

#5 nizm0zed

nizm0zed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Tagline:260z coupe in slow build, Now with RB25DE powah!!

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

Plenty of local street racing at the traffic lights, but some of the competitors cheat and turn the blue and red lights on when they lose.
Poor sportsmanship....

#6 jthompson165

jthompson165

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

Plenty of local street racing at the traffic lights, but some of the competitors cheat and turn the blue and red lights on when they lose.
Poor sportsmanship....

Not quite what i had in mind  :P

#7 ZED660

ZED660

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

On the Australia Day weekend there are two events at Wakefield Park.  On Sunday the 25th is an MRA event with races and Regularity events, quite low key but good starting point, is an AASA event (http://www.wakefield...vents/mra-round). 

On Monday the 26th there is Circuit Club which is a well run track day with timed and passenger sessions which is good value and again another good starting point for some track time. (https://www.facebook.com/circuitclubAU)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users