• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jthompson165

jthompson165

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:05 PM

Hi, im 16 and have been saving up for a Z since i was 12 and it started at my first sight of a 240z that drove past while i was on the bus!

I just got my first car and its a 260z 2+2 with an L28 engine, its really cool and i love just about everything about it apart from the transmission which is a 3 Speed Automatic.
What steps will i have to take to convert to a manual and is the bolting on the same on the manual as it is for the automatic or will i need to modify the mounting and what not?

#2 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

serious?? look at the top of where you posted-

"Step by Step how-to: Auto to manual conversion"

http://www.viczcar.c...pic,1986.0.html

#3 gilltech

gilltech

The 1000+ club

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

Congratulations on realizing your dream & your new hobby, & welcome to the Zed world.
Changing from auto to manual is straightforward enough, you've just got to hunt down the necessary parts.
This forum contains the info you need to know.
People are parting out rusty 260 2+2s from time to time, keep an eye out on eBay, Gumtree, this forum etc.
Until you have sourced all the parts for the changeover just keep on enjoying your car, just because it has an auto doesn't mean they don't go well, quite the contrary.

#4 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

Congrats on getting your Z.
As Gilltech said the conversion is rather straightforward and the instructions and advice are available on this forum.

Can you post a up a few pics of the car and may be start a thread on the conversion.

Enjoy the experience.

Cheers

PB

#5 oldmates260z

oldmates260z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

Wow 16 and already a Zed nut  :o Good luck. They are a great example to start learning about cars....the Datsun brand was what I started on when I was 16 which was a long time ago.

Suggest you search the site a bit more for any work you want to do and give you ideas. 

#6 jthompson165

jthompson165

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, i will post up some picture quite soon with ideas of what id like to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users