Sign in to follow this  
tir33d

Bathurst Speed weekend

Ran at Bathurst on the weekend, Saturday was the Super Sprint, Sunday was the flying 5th.

I am still just playing around, Saturday was a bit if fun, sunday made me wee a little bit.

Anyway, as you will see in the vids, lots of time to be made up.

227kph from a standing start, some don't do that down Conrod on a normal lap. Hope I can do something at Bathurst in 2015, it's taking too long.

Awesome, thanks for the vid. Did you do the hill climb too? I was hoping to get up to this event but too many things were working against me, it will have to be next year.

Mick

The hillclimb was cancelled as the track still hasn't been repaired after Bathurst (supposed to happen this week). The subbed in a Flying 5th late.

227km/h is actually the average speed through the timing beacons. If you look close, just before the peak there was some cones - then after the peak there was another set. And if you can decipher it, it was 6800-6900rpm in 5th.

The supersprint runs are slow. I have a trophy from a run that I did which was 3 seconds faster from the old red girl. Only had 3 runs, first one I didn't even pull out of 4th as it was more about checking the car against the run. 2 and 3 on vid. The 1st run on vid I am pretty sure the local news crew was filming me at the start, so I had to show off a little. I didn't have a serious run, where I tried to take off easier, hold it flat through the kink, ease it out of the chase and murrays. I see at least 2.5 secs in them vids.