The spirit of the Devil Z lives on in the 350Z

Mr Camouflage

I found this today.

It takes years for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) to compile and organize the statistics for crash deaths and the vehicles in which drivers met their end. However, the latest report tracked model-year automobiles up to 2008, allowing the IIHS to deliver stats that included traffic accident data through 2009 .

The auto safety agency ran the numbers on all vehicles with 100,000 registrations or more between 2006 and 2009, counting only the deaths of the driver (not passengers) in their statistics. In the end, the IIHS calculated a ratio of “driver death per million registered vehicles.”

Topping the list of deadliest cars on the road is the two-door 350Z from model years 2005 to 2008. IIHS recorded 143 deaths per million registrations for Nissan 350Z drivers during the study period, with 90 deaths per million registrations occurring in single-vehicle crashes.

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-10-deadliest-vehicles-on-the-road.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3FyWAf0wj

350Z is the number 1 killer of drivers of all cars sold in the USA.  Devil Z stuff indeed.

I expect its due to a high powered car at a relatively low price, meaning younger inexperienced drivers get them, and get themselves into accidents.

After watching this video years ago, I thought they were reasonably safe cars

I have a 350Z track and seriously it's the easiest sports car to drive i have ever driven. I don't know how people get it so wrong.

yep, I had an 06 manual touring. Even without the brembos it buggers me how anybody could lose control of one.