A Hairdresser at Heart

George

When I sold my 240Z I bought a red MX5 SE which was a lot of fun. See old thread here: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,6088

I sold that car a couple of years ago after a period of little use but have missed it ever since. The plan was to buy a 240 that runs but since I ended up with a rusty mess that will take me years to get on the road I wanted something reliable and fun for the weekends until the 240 is finished. Nothing fits the bill better than an MX5 so...

Meet Stefan

EcjOWaw.jpg

b4tpaaT.jpg

R8HAB6i.jpg

It's my least favourite colour but it is really growing on me with the black hardtop. It just needs some coilovers, a modest drop and some black Grid V's or something in 15's.

• Moderators

Only those that have never driven one mock the MX.

Have to agree, the MX5 is dollar for dollar one of the best little sports cars around.

An MX5 in the hands of a good steerer will keep up with most road cars through the twisty stuff.

• Administrators

I've never driven 1 of these, I was looking at getting 1 but in Ireland at the time the price diff between an MX-5 and RX-7 was negligible so I went for the big brother on steroids :).

So I guess the Fairlady Roadster was a no go?

So I guess the Fairlady Roadster was a no go?

Realised it was going to take up too much of my time when I should be using what little of it I have to work on the resto. The MX5 I bought has plenty of power and won't require much maintenance.

• 1 year later...

Ahh, no. Riding long distance would be a challenge that's for sure. I'm content with riding it to the station and to the local cafes to pose. haha. 

I was driving my MX5 yesterday and I had a moment of 'wtf am I doing selling this!?'. Such a nice car. C'est la vie.

Know the feeling, my NA6 has been sitting in the garage for most of the year, only driven around 1000km or so for the last 12 months and most of those would have been at track days.

I have been thinking about moving it on to the next person to enjoy and have been made an offer I have accepted in principle for the car, but everytime I get home and drag it out of the garage, charge the battery and take it for a run up over the hills behind me I think why am I thinking of getting rid of it.......

The dollars would come in handy to get the S14 race motor finished though, and at least with an MX5, they are pretty easy to replace for cheap if I want to get another one in the future.

Drive mine to work every day, its also become the preferred mode of transport on the weekend as well (as long as I'm not wanting more than 2 people in the car, or 1 small parcel in the boot. Its already done supersprints, tar motorkhanas, and even a dirt motorkhana  :o . Regularity event at Eastern Creek in two weekends time.

15yo daughter has managed to learn to drive it, and also done a dirt motorkhana.

Only slight downside to mine is lack of power, the SE fixes that ! AAA++++, highly recommended fun car, buy it people  :)

• Administrators

I have been thinking about moving it on to the next person to enjoy and have been made an offer I have accepted in principle for the car, but everytime I get home and drag it out of the garage, charge the battery and take it for a run up over the hills behind me I think why am I thinking of getting rid of it.......

I have the same problem with my FD, I don't drive it enough. But each time I take it out I can't help but think what an incredible machine. Why would you ever sell it.

I certainly won't have the same problem with the Charger, what with the time it's taking to get done and the dollars spent.

I don't care if that becomes a garage ornament. There aren't too many around and it will only keep going up in value. It will only be sold if someone gives me a very large wad of crisp $100 notes. I know it will be terrible to drive, will barely handle adequately, but will go like stink in a straight line and have 4.3 litres of truck motor making glorious noises out the side with an intake roar only given by three webers sucking in passing pigeons...... ;D