Moustache bar snapped

DAT392

Took my car to Calder drags On Sunday as I haven't raced it for a while and on my second launch snapped the moustache bar in half.Im interested in getting a stronger bar that will handle the power.Basically I have upgraded the weakest links in the rear as they break so the moustache bar is next.Any info on an upgrade would be great eg Arizona z car,techno toy have them but not sure how strong they are.thanks

Ended up talking to chris from arizona zcar today in Adelaide.He explained their moustache bar setup and how strong they are with some seriously high horsepower cars running them.Top bloke to talked to.I ended up ordering it and should have it by monday at the latest.Problem solved I hope.

Out of curiosity, where did the bar break?  On the left or right and how far from the middle?  I have one that has been cracked and patched and wonder if it's in the same location.  The one I have is cracked on the left side, about 50-60mm to the left of the LH diff mount hole.

Roger

Alloy moustache bar and alloy supports for an r200 cost me $995 including gst and freight from adelaide to my door in melbourne.The mostache bar itself was $390 plus gst.To import from usa is over $600 US,then conversion plus freight etc so theres not a great deal of difference and also time.Chris has to make something as well.I felt it was quite fair as he gave me a warranty as well for breakage.

Wow scoota similar to mine.I think they just cant handle the torque after years of abuse.After examining the one i broke it looks like the reinforcing was done because it had a crack and was patched then painted.I should have stuck with the cars original bar and maybe it would have lived a bit longer.Anyway hope I have better luck with the arizona zcar one.Should arrive this morning.